Sign in to follow this  
SPOTnSTALKer

Expired

They say the License Plate Readers (LPR's) are suppose to check for stolen plates / vehicles. Many police agencies have been using the technology for years, installed on patrol cars. They are putting up LPR's in Paradise Valley at a few locations along the road.

I ventured into the realm of testing for law enforcement a few years ago. I got to see the LPR car that one agency had. The officer I had to do my ride along with told me its more trouble than its worth. While it had the technology to read, detect,and alert for a plate with any negative history.... it couldn't differentiate between states.

so if you came from alabam with a banjo on your knee (for example) for a driving tour of az and your alpha numeric matched a 'zoner wanted by "the man" it would alert the officer in the car with the plate reader.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

• Like 2

I'm just waiting for them to install microchips in the license plates....and in our butt's. That way they can track the sheep from anywhere.

License plate tracking goes far beyond stolen vehicles. Just like they said traffic cams are for safety. Hogwash!

• Like 2

Unfortunatly there is no right to privacy written in the constitution.

There is also no reasonable expectation of privacy while operating a motor vehicle on a public road. I remember seeing these used back east by different cities parking authoritys to scan for cars with outstanding parking tickets. The LPR would hit, they would verify the plate and put a boot on your car.

Even though folks think it is their plate, I believe it is state property. They can suspend, cancel or seize your registration.

There is also no reasonable expectation of privacy while operating a motor vehicle on a public road. I remember seeing these used back east by different cities parking authoritys to scan for cars with outstanding parking tickets. The LPR would hit, they would verify the plate and put a boot on your car.

There is also no probable cause to search everyone's records.

Just hope you don't have the intersection cams to give you a ticket for running a red light. We finally got rid of those and they were the biggest pain in the arse. Do what we did and just put a ball for towing on the bumper to block some numbers and letters :ph34r:

A nation of surveillance. Now Samsung is putting spy cams and microphones in their TV's. Spy software in Iphones

I even put a piece of electrical tape over my built in webcam, so big brother can't be hacking photos of the right wing extremist.

.....and the beat goes on!

• Like 1