SwarovskiCoues

Outdoorsmans Tripods

Just looking for some input on there tripods! i like the sleek design and the easy ways to swap optics an heads around but the price holds me back. anybody have one? lets hear what you think ! looking for a backpacking tripod, already have a super light weight head!! something under 3lbs . thanks !

I bought one of their tripod binocular adapters and the stud that attaches it to my binos. I think the two pieces were about $85. Definitely pricey for what they are. But IMO, it is the best of it's kind on the market BY FAR, making it worth the money.

Their tripods IMO are way to pricey compared to others you can find on that market of similar quality for substantially less money. Others will probably disagree. Value can be a very relative thing.

The tripods are too pricey for me also... I have always preferred Velbon tripods... but their Pan Head is the best I have ever used.

• Like 1

The tripods are too pricey for me also... I have always preferred Velbon tripods... but their Pan Head is the best I have ever used.

I use a Vanguard and have always really like them. I'm not familiar with Velbon. Any particular model that you like?

i will search those tripods. im getting the new head they released last week. only 7oz an not super touchy like the other head

Outdoorsman's Bino adapter is very nice and worth the money, IMO.

I like manfrotto legs and head.

This is a good combo that is less $$$$ than the Outdoorsmans legs without a head.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1071811&gclid=COy58YyvnsQCFcRffgod_xUAaQ&is=REG&Q=&A=details

post-331-0-42076600-1426010771_thumb.jpg

IMO Promaster carbon fibre tripods are the best out there. Top it with a Manfrotto 501HDV head and you have a smokin sweet set up for a reasonable price. Amanda sells both in the CWT.com store.

The new micro panhead is nice...legs are awesome but you can get a nice set of legs for way cheaper I would go that route...I don't think there is a better head than the original and the new micro...

BTW I have a Promaster Fiber carbon and my outdoorsmans I like better, but for quite a bit more money. The Promaster is good especially for the price.

• Like 1

WHT_MTNMAN sounds like you and I have the same setup. Light weight and sturdy. Can't beat it!

Do you have any more info on the new pan head? I don't see the new version listed on the Outdoorsmans site. Price?

279 its super slick an low profile

Outdoorsman's Bino adapter is very nice and worth the money, IMO.

I like manfrotto legs and head.

This is a good combo that is less $$$$ than the Outdoorsmans legs without a head.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1071811&gclid=COy58YyvnsQCFcRffgod_xUAaQ&is=REG&Q=&A=details

attachicon.gifIMG_4765.JPG

Bet that was a great morning! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Where can I look up info on this new pan head

they have nothing online. ill post a picture i took if i can figure it out on my phone.