joelpresmyk8

Vaquero outfitters..... Ouch that'll leave a mark

When guides/outfitters are caught breaking the law in NM and are banned from guiding they simply put the business in their wife's name. Business as usual and IRS is non the wiser. Kinda funny what some folks will do for money and fame. The Floyd Lee ranch in unit 9 NM has a reputation of herding elk onto his property with a helicopter. My buddy and his son actually witnessed this happening 10 or 12 years ago.

My first thought was G&F confiscating the Texas helicopter if it was used in a crime.

I'm interested to see how this all plays out. Until then, this is nothing but speculation.

Pulling his license for a long time is NOT what this man needs. BANNED for life from hunting, confiscating ALL of his hunting items, thousands of dollars in fines, and a lot of jail time. I am an Arizona native with only 1 Ant. tag in my 30 years of trying. These are the people that keep tag numbers down and people like me waiting for years for a legal chance to havest a buck. THROW THE BOOK AT EM"

• Like 3

Chad will probably still do pretty good for himself, he does most of his guiding in Mexico anyway.

He used his wife's name for the guides license last time he was banned. Never slowed him down then. He will probably beat this one too. Spend enough on lawyers and you can usually get off. Ask OJ.

• Like 1

He used his wife's name for the guides license last time he was banned. Never slowed him down then. He will probably beat this one too. Spend enough on lawyers and you can usually get off. Ask OJ.

Do you know what time visitation is?

Pulling his license for a long time is NOT what this man needs. BANNED for life from hunting, confiscating ALL of his hunting items, thousands of dollars in fines, and a lot of jail time. I am an Arizona native with only 1 Ant. tag in my 30 years of trying. These are the people that keep tag numbers down and people like me waiting for years for a legal chance to havest a buck. THROW THE BOOK AT EM"

I agree......IF he is found guilty or confesses.

and by found guilty, I mean in a court of law not on the internet.

• Like 2

Any time I hear about an outfitter or any one for that matter that poaches I always think they should come down hard on them because if not what will keep people from thinking that if they have waited for many years to draw the tag they want and can't seem to get lucky and draw it why not just poach it . If they see people/outfitters getting away with poaching why can't they. Any outfitter who poaches or breaks the law to benefit a client should have their license revoked and banned from hunting for life. They need to lead by example or pay the price and the price should be high !!

• Like 1

Anyone that disrespects the law and all legal hunters by doing this is should always have the book thrown at them. I totally agree with Joe Hunter. It sets a presedence that anyone can try to do this and get a small fine or even get off without having to pay the piper. I remember the story of the A*%$ hole that lived in Prescott Valley who had been gut shooting elk so they would die off his property. He was caught and I don't rmember what his punishment was but I know it wasn't enough. This guy now owns a huge amount of acres in unit 10 that is extremly prime property with a herd of elk second to none. How do I know? I have seen the herd and talked to a guide that knows about him. He hates Game & Fish and will not let anyone hunt there except private parties. If you are a hunter he will prosecute you if you step a foot on his property because he knows you have a G&F license. I was told this by my friend who is the guide who lives in Williams. What does this show us about how these lawbreakers are handled? That you can break the law and still come out smelling like roses.

G&F needs to set a presedence of their own and make it so bad that people won't try this again. It's just like the death penalty in our country. If you are sentenced to die then do it. Don't make everyone else pay for your mistake for years.

We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It's time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for their actions.

Ronald Reagan

• Like 1

Anyone that disrespects the law and all legal hunters by doing this is should always have the book thrown at them. I totally agree with Joe Hunter. It sets a presedence that anyone can try to do this and get a small fine or even get off without having to pay the piper. I remember the story of the A*%$ hole that lived in Prescott Valley who had been gut shooting elk so they would die off his property. He was caught and I don't rmember what his punishment was but I know it wasn't enough. This guy now owns a huge amount of acres in unit 10 that is extremly prime property with a herd of elk second to none. How do I know? I have seen the herd and talked to a guide that knows about him. He hates Game & Fish and will not let anyone hunt there except private parties. If you are a hunter he will prosecute you if you step a foot on his property because he knows you have a G&F license. I was told this by my friend who is the guide who lives in Williams. What does this show us about how these lawbreakers are handled? That you can break the law and still come out smelling like roses.

G&F needs to set a presedence of their own and make it so bad that people won't try this again. It's just like the death penalty in our country. If you are sentenced to die then do it. Don't make everyone else pay for your mistake for years.

We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It's time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for their actions.

Ronald Reagan

Even a private party would have to have a gnf license an permit.

Ronald Reagan

I understand that but they are friends or family he knows and are paying HUGE $$$ to hunt his property. He gut shot these elk in PV because they were competeing with his cattle for graze. I was told he hated the elk and thats why he did it. He was quoted saying that G&F did nothing to help him and his cattle were going hungry. Those elk were there LONG before he leased that land I say.

Ronald Reagan

I understand that but they are friends or family he knows and are paying HUGE $$$ to hunt his property. He gut shot these elk in PV because they were competeing with his cattle for graze. I was told he hated the elk and thats why he did it. He was quoted saying that G&F did nothing to help him and his cattle were going hungry. Those elk were there LONG before he leased that land I say. The other fact about this, He gets hunt tags for his own property from G&F. Kinda of BS if you ask me. You get busted before and the G&F still helping him make $$$

Any time I hear about an outfitter or any one for that matter that poaches I always think they should come down hard on them because if not what will keep people from thinking that if they have waited for many years to draw the tag they want and can't seem to get lucky and draw it why not just poach it . If they see people/outfitters getting away with poaching why can't they. Any outfitter who poaches or breaks the law to benefit a client should have their license revoked and banned from hunting for life. They need to lead by example or pay the price and the price should be high !!

Thank you.....

couldn't agree more

Guest wdenike

Chad will probably still do pretty good for himself, he does most of his guiding in Mexico anyway.

Why is that????? Do the use BLACKHAWKS down there????? ROFLMAO

Take care, Willie

Can a person travel back and forth across the border if they have been convicted of a federal crime? Well, I know a lot people cross the border illegally, I'm just asking if an AMERICAN can do legally if they are guilty of federal crimes.