joelpresmyk8

Vaquero outfitters..... Ouch that'll leave a mark

Should lose hunting and guiding privileges forever. Totally inexcusable. Greedy bastards deserve the book thrown at them.

• Like 6

"The penalty for each count of harassing wildlife with an aircraft is up to $100,000 and a year in jail for Smith and King, and up to $200,000 and a year in jail for Atkinson, Poppenberger said. They also could lose hunting and guiding privileges. "

This is Smith's second offense and has already had his license taken away previously for using a vehicle during a hunt to stop an animal from crossing over into a neighboring ranch.

This guy needs to quit hunting forever. It's definitely people like this who give hunters a bad name.

• Like 8

cool can't wait to see how this one plays out. now i gotta ax the question. is this unethical? sounds like it was ethical to guys in the chopper. when you have guys paying 6 figures for tags, they really want some special results. folks that are willing to cross the line are in high demand when big $ are laid down. Lark.

cool can't wait to see how this one plays out. now i gotta ax the question. is this unethical? sounds like it was ethical to guys in the chopper. when you have guys paying 6 figures for tags, they really want some special results. folks that are willing to cross the line are in high demand when big $ are laid down. Lark.

High risk. Higher reward. That guy gambled and got caught.

What is ethical to one is not necessarily to others. Look at shooting 1000 yards, or archery, or electronic calls, or hunting during the rut, or night hunting, or game cameras, or hunting over water, or tree stands, or.......yeah, need I go on?

Legal is another matter entirely.

If the allegations are true, it is definitely illegal. But so is speeding, texting while driving, littering, shooting a bow in your back yard, etc.

• Like 2

Stealing a public resource for profit is as far from ethical as you can get. 270, you were joking by asking that question right? Or was that your attempt to turn this into a 16 page yelling match?:-)

There are guides that don't need to constantly cheat to make a living. How messed up was that to guides and or just DIY guys that were legally hunting, especially after drawing a long awaited tag?

• Like 5

i hope vaquero outfitters gets burned on this deal. that is a sorry thing to do any time, much less during antelope season when people are hunting. it will be a travesty if AZGFD lets Mr. Smith off the hook. The best way to hurt an immoral man is to punch him in the wallet and the only way to do that is to pull his guide and hunting license for a loooong time

• Like 5

Just disgusting! cheating us all out of our resource and stuffing his wallet while at it with non res cash.

He already schmoozed his way in the the ORO (Baca Float) and he is the only outfitter that can guide there. Pretty much the only people that get to hunt there are celebrities and rich guys. They charge upwards of 20k for trespass fees to hunt on the ranch. The guy has got to be making money hand over fist and he's still not satisfied

• Like 1

busted!!!! it really doesn't matter to chad smith, he has already turned his business over to one of his guides I'm assuming, still reaping all the profit but releasing liability. they will be out of private land to hunt if they don't start allowing officers to enter that ranch. the department is targeting that area as one of the first areas to close to hunting.

• Like 1

i know a lot of you guys are new to hunting, but if you do some research you will see that there has been NUMEROUS well known guides who have been busted for doing illegal things while guiding. ironically many are back to guiding and have good reputations. anything to put racks on the ground and feed their ego's.

• Like 1

i know a lot of you guys are new to hunting, but if you do some research you will see that there has been NUMEROUS well known guides who have been busted for doing illegal things while guiding. ironically many are back to guiding and have good reputations. anything to put racks on the ground and feed their ego's.

Yeah, Mcclendon killed what is supposed to be the new world record pope and young typical muley this year. Didn't he have his license yanked a few years back for guiding the gov tag to that big nontypical hanging in the AZGF headquarters? it was shot in someone's back yard

• Like 1

I have to be honest with you, after you used the word "ax" in the manner you did, you totally lost me for the rest of your post. Huge pet peeve of mine. I hope you did it intentionally knowing the difference between the two words. Sorry to get on my soap box, but every time I hear this one at work, it is like nails on a chalkboard.