Sign in to follow this  
Norteno

New Mexico Hunt Deadline March 18

I got this reminder in my email. Thought I would share. I wish we knew AZ Elk results prior to this.

news-banner_crop.jpg

New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Public contact: (888) 248-6866

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, MARCH 11,2015:

Deadline fast approaching to apply
for big-game hunting licenses

SANTA FE – The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is reminding hunters that March 18 is the deadline to apply for deer, elk, pronghorn antelope, oryx, ibex, bighorn sheep, javelina and Barbary sheep licenses. The department expects more than 160,000 applicants for about 60,000 licenses.

Hunters must complete their applications before 5 p.m. MDT March 18. All applicants previously must have created an online account at onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us.

Here’s how to apply:

• Online: Applicants can access or create accounts via the “Customer Login” link on the department website, www.wildlife.state.nm.us. From their account, applicants will select “Draw Hunt Applications” in the main menu and then will be prompted through license and application choices.
  • By phone: Hunters without computer access or who need help applying can call toll-free, (888) 248-6866 and a department representative will submit an application for them. The information center will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and from noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays until March 17. The center will close at 4:30 p.m. on deadline day, March 18, to allow representatives to help customers complete applications before the 5 p.m. deadline. Phone lines will be extremely busy as the deadline approaches, so applicants are encouraged to apply early.

Applicants will be able to print 2015 licenses from their account when the license year begins April 1. Draw licenses can be printed after the draw results are released April 29. Licenses are no longer mailed except by request.

To be eligible for the draw, applicants who held deer, elk or turkey licenses for the 2014-15 seasons must have submitted a harvest report either online or through the information center and paid any applicable late fees by March 18. Applicants who held 2014-15 licenses for oryx, ibex, Barbary sheep, javelina and trapping must submit harvest reports by April 7. Failure to report before the deadlines will result in rejection of all draw applications.

Before applying, hunters are strongly encouraged to read the Rules and Information booklet, available online, from license vendors or at department offices in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Raton, Roswell and Las Cruces. The department website also includes valuable information about how the draw works, application procedures, game-management unit maps, drawing odds and a “How to Apply” video.

Thank you very much for the reminder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to change me second choice for elk but found out the only way to do it is to delete my application and re-apply. That means I can kiss $7.00 goodbye since my application has been paid for. So be sure of when you want to hunt or it will cost you $7.00 and that is for everybody if you attached to your buddies license. I guess I will just stick to what I put in for.

I'm in! Submitted my elk, deer and oryx hunt applications. Hoping to get lucky for elk or oryx for a change.

The non-resident application fee that won't be refunded is $13. You can choose to have the hunting license and stamp fees that you have to purchase to apply for the draw refunded if not successful. Then for every species you apply for and don't get you will lose $13. So for Couestracker who put in for deer, elk, and oryx if he does not draw anything he will get all but $39 back. If he changes all three applications, if they have been paid for, will lose that $39 and another $39 if not drawn for any hunt. Seems to me last year I could edit my hunt choices before the draw free of charge. So good luck on the draw and I am still waiting to see the results for AZ. Wonder if we will have our results before them.

Anybody remember when results came out last year?

way back when the current draw results came out the year previous and if you upweren't drawn you got pink silk panties in the mail. All creatures were big, bad, and accessible. Gosh Damg G&F decided to F that up for everyone with their internets! Dang internets!!!

Anybody remember when results came out last year?

way back when the current draw results came out the year previous and if you upweren't drawn you got pink silk panties in the mail. All creatures were big, bad, and accessible. Gosh Damg G&F decided to F that up for everyone with their internets! Dang internets!!!

Not picking on anyone in particular, I prefer to pick on everyone! My profile ain't filled out, I've road hunted, I've been a trespasser, I've guided without compensatin, and I'm a filthy land owner too!!

Not picking on anyone in particular, I prefer to pick on everyone! My profile ain't filled out, I've road hunted, I've been a trespasser, I've guided without compensatin, and I'm a filthy land owner too!!

You forgot the "Ethics" word.

This is the NM draw results. Our results will be out April 29th at 10:00am. We don't have to guess when our results will be out, don't have to check cc's as paid for up front, and don't have to call G&F. We do get e-mails early to take pressure off the web site. :D

• Like 1