Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

New Season of Cabelas Spring Thunder

I am proud to announce our partnership with Cabelas Spring Thunder, which is a weekly webisode all about Spring turkey hunting.  We have contributed video footage from our spring turkey hunts for several years to our friends who produce the show at MidwestWhitetail.com.  Aaron Warbritton is the host of the show and he does a fantastic job of creating a entertaining, informative and very educational show.  Aaron in his own right is one of the best turkey callers and hunters in this country.  In the March 2 Episode of Cabelas Spring Thunder, titled Scouting Homework, he features a some Gould's turkey hunt footage from some of our hunts last season at GouldsTurkeyHunts.com.  Watch below.

Cabelas%2BSpring%2BThunder%2Bwith%2BJay%2BScott%2BOutdoors.jpg

My nephews, Will and Jay Pyburn, and I head to Central California this coming week to hopefully bag a couple of Rio Grande gobblers on the California Spring Turkey Opening weekend.  We will be filming the hunt and hopefully be able to capture some good footage for the show.  Make sure to follow Cabelas Spring Thunder this season!

Follow Cabelas Spring Thunder on facebook

Follow Cabelas Spring Thunder YouTube Channel

View the full article

• Like 4

NO replies to this topic in 2 weeks Jay! The people have spoken... in a sense. You're really promoting yourself I see. 'You're proud to announce'... Cabelas this.. Cabelas that. I remember you telling a person we know several years ago that he would be famous for the videos he made. I recall You were so enamored with the thought that person could be you someday. And then the Jay-promo-machine soon began.

eye roller

flagstaffer, I am sorry you don't like what I do. I am not sure who you are but I wish you the best.

• Like 2

Jay your Christian halo is centered pretty well. But I have seen the dark side when ur not in front of a camera or bloggings about yourself that I have stumbled across. You have a lot of apologizing to do to people in the past several years. Have you had a life altering experience and have you really changed like your Christian-slanted writings imply? I hope the best for you.

Guys I appreciate the support! I am a proud sponsor of this site.

Flastaffer, I am a sinner just like the rest, I have done many wrong and will continue to do so because of my sinful nature. I am saved only by the Grace of God. You can say whatever you want behind a anonymous title and get your thrills but those that know me take some good with alot of bad and for that I am grateful. Again I wish you the best.

• Like 10

I enjoyed the pod cast and all of your videos , more on elk!!

• Like 1

Jay, this guy is a fool. Haters will hate. This one will hide after an attack so put no weight on a single thing he says. Keep up the good work and just ignore this#%$!@.

208- I was told that you're the same fool who wants to outlaw ALL trail cameras on public land. You say they cause problems... so a better idea to fix the "problems" out there would be to outlaw GUIDES on public land. I doubt you know much about our handful of trophy units in AZ but our friendly guides make it very hard to have an enjoyable hunt. They stakeout the good water with cams and blinds several months before the hunt. Or they rush in on a screamin bull with a client on a leash and bust things up for the real hunters. All for (lazy) paying clients. BUT here's the REAL problem: THEY are taking an alarming number of our true trophy elk from 'us' who spend time, money, effort scouting, looking for a true hunting experience with a challenge that come with a risk that we won't tag out. Its the 'pride of the hunt' and too many have lost sight of that. We've got caught up in the frenzy that we better kill something with this great tag we just drew... and it doesn't matter if I do the hunting! let someone else do the hunting for me and I can PAY them. geeezzz people

Jay I don't know you like this other person seems to but I have heard about some of the things he eludes to. We all sin and we all can be cocky A-holes when the camera isn't pointing at us. What I (and a bunch others) don't like what you're doing on our public land for mostly undeserving clients. (mostly because Im sure you have a sad story or two that breaks our hearts and makes you look like a hero). Its the 90% of your clients that 'can' and should be doing this 'hunting-thing' on their own since they applied for a 'hunting tag.' These guys are taking so many trophy bulls (360-400+) every year, just so you guides can build your reputations as the "best of the West'. You're killing to many big bulls because you have the time to find em for the money. These monsters can't grow fast enough to keep up with demand and the average joe who still has some pride to hunt on their own continues to get his huge bull shot out from under him. It just sucks for everyone....

Suggestion Jay..... convince your guide buddies to only kill bulls in the 350 or less range. For clients who don't have the time, energy, desire to scout and hunt on their own... let them hunt with you but limit them to 350 or less. But thinking it through, you're dilemma would be that you can't justify the huge rate$$ for meager 350 bulls. ahhh

Hey bud you said you were done with this site and ending your account. Now you have no integrity at all. ;)

Ok I guess I will bite...If my one elk client a year (maybe 2 if I am fortunate to book a early rifle hunter) is single handedly ruining elk hunting in Arizona by working hard and harvesting a nice bull then I guess we are all doomed. I know a lot of guides in Arizona and for the most part they are some of the most honest and hardest working individuals that I know. I am not sure what spurs your bitterness but I think everyone is entitled to an opinion. Good Day!

• Like 1

How coincidental that HuntnAztoo and Flagstaffer have been newbie members since April 04.

Thanks Jay for your support of cwt and all the awesome free information you continue to share making us better hunters. I love your new pod cast and wish you nothing but the best with your partnership with Cabelas. You are a class act in my book and god bless my friend.

One of the things I hate more than discussing politics or religion is newbies coming on here name calling and not having the balls to show themselves for who they are.

TJ

• Like 5

Huntinaztoo. Not sure what your deal but pm me. And put your name to your post. I'm Eric Hively. If not I will assume you are a troll or a coward or both. Good hunting.

• Like 2