jgraffaz

Pack goats

I'm looking into buying a cuple pack goats....I am looking for atleast 2 males that are 2 years or older, the more training the better, they would do great at my house with plenty of space and other animals....let me know thanks!

I have 2 goats will sell you that would be great pack goats call or text me at 602-501-3508 for more info and pictures thanks

Lol I had to look with the title but seriously how much weight can a goat pack?

Lol I had to look with the title but seriously how much weight can a goat pack?

my son is training 2 now, and I have heard 50 lbs .that will always help if your killen were we have been.

Wow that's better then what I was picturing

There is a really long thread with a ton of info on Long range hunting.com.

If I remember they recommend about 25-30 lbs. That is a lot of extra gear if you have 2-3, no food required and they are able to drink any water you can find and don't need much. If I had the space I would have some.

There is a really long thread with a ton of info on Long range hunting.com.

If I remember they recommend about 25-30 lbs. That is a lot of extra gear if you have 2-3, no food required and they are able to drink any water you can find and don't need much. If I had the space I would have some.

From all the reading I have done it all depends on size of goat, bread, and the amount of training\ excercise. Some goats can carry up to 60 pounds all day in rouged country and some wont make it a mile with 15 pounds on their backs

Not trying to hijack the thread but what about Alpacas?? They aren't much bigger and you could get a side benefit of there fleece. Ive been interested in these but not just for hunting.