Sign in to follow this  
Teo

Suggestions for a place to stay in Greer

So now that I know I got hit for elk..............any suggestions on where to stay in Greer for the late Nov/Dec elk hunt? I would like to get a cabin so I could cook our own meals, but open to any suggestions

Thanks

Jeff

The folks that manage the Molly Butler Lodge also rent properties. We rented a beautiful cabin a couple years ago from them and had a great time and it wasn't too ridiculously priced for a long weekend. The place was well maintained and very comfortable. It was called the Braided Rug Cabin. There are quite a few others to choose from. Might want to take a look.

• Like 2

I suggest HomeAway.com or VRBO.com. Rent a place in the summer to try it out and do some scouting.

It would be a better deal to rent from someone directly, but renting from these sites is pretty easy and we do it all the time.

• Like 1

We've rented a cabin through Molly Butler lodge and it was great.

• Like 1

There are several cheap hotels in Springerville and Eager. We've stayed at them several times during Turkey season. Usually a lot cheaper than a cabin, but not as nice!

• Like 1

i used to stay on the cabins called Heaven's Scent, they were great, clean and about to miles east from that main road.

• Like 1

Not greer, but close. We have stayed at the MLY ranch and Had a great time.

• Like 1

I think Molly Butler's rental business is called "Greer Cabin Keepers" in the phone book.

The Peaks and what used to be the Red Setter Inn may or may not be open this year, but they are nice places to stay although I don't think they have kitchens.

Hey, Lark. You might tell folks about that great place on Upper Eagle Road. British-style tea and crumpets. True refinement with lots of "couth." :D

Bill Quimby

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for a great starting point!! I will definitely share my experience with where I stay.

Quimby..........should I be there for Thanksgiving dinner? Or want me to wait until Friday :)

Teo: Ask Lark about that quaint little place I mentioned earlier. I hear it's serving a haunch of the king's deer in a fine red sauce with truffles next Thanksgiving. You're welcome to stop by our place anytime, but it will have to be long before the first snowflake falls. My wife broke her ankle when she slipped on ice on our deck a few years back. Ever since then, we close up the cabin, load up our cat and head off the mountain at the end of September. ---- Bill Quimby

upper eagle is my cousins place, the 4 drag. i'm on pine flat road. and what the he ll is a truffles or a crumpets? Lark.