CouesWhitetail

Watch your step...they are out!

Husband and I went for a walk last night with the dogs and they found this rattlesnake, our first for the season. Lucky for us he rattled very loudly and the dogs backed off. Reminds me I need to do an update on their rattlesnake vaccine shots.

post-1-0-22379100-1427312152_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Look at all those rattles. Wow. Good to hear you guys and dogs did not get bit.

• Like 1

Vaccine of a 12 gauge, take 3 shots and all should be well.

• Like 6

12 gauge won't help your dog if it's been bit....that's what the rattlensake vaccine is for. Our vet recommended it a few years ago. If I remember right, the first year it's three shots, then one shot per year after that. apparently makes it so your dog will not have as much tissue damage from the snake venom and will recover much quicker. The vet said it cuts cost of medical treatment in event of a bite and increases probability of recovery.

for more info:

http://www.redrockbiologics.com/rattlesnake_vaccine_faq.php

• Like 7

Get your dogs snake avoidance training. It will save them and you

• Like 1

12 gauge won't help your dog if it's been bit....that's what the rattlensake vaccine is for. Our vet recommended it a few years ago. If I remember right, the first year it's three shots, then one shot per year after that. apparently makes it so your dog will not have as much tissue damage from the snake venom and will recover much quicker. The vet said it cuts cost of medical treatment in event of a bite and increases probability of recovery.

for more info:

http://www.redrockbiologics.com/rattlesnake_vaccine_faq.php

but humans couldnt benefit from this?

I was just kiddin amanda, my dad got his new bird dog snake broke and vaccinated. Lots of birds in her future

Ran into 2 rattlesnakes last week while calling. Glad one rattled. And everyone try not to get bitten because there is a new antivenom call Crofab, and one dose for an adult male is $65000. And because it is so new it is not covered by any insurance. Oh and an adult male typically needs 2 doses....😁😁😁post-12189-0-44253100-1427346879_thumb.jpg

Nice photo and big snake! They are out down south as well. They found two Westerns in a trap house at the Sportsman's Center on Fort Huachuca a few days ago.