Sign in to follow this  
dvl4lf

My girls finally got drawn!

I got sick and tired of my girls not getting drawn for youth hunts so I decided to put them in for an adult hunt that I felt had better odds . . . . . and Bam - they got drawn! I put them in w/ my dad and I so we'll have 3 generations of hunters together for a late cow hunt in unit 6B. Excited that they'll finally get to hunt!

• Like 9

Be prepared for an AWESOME experience. I got to hunt elk with my younger daughter last year. It was awesome, but talk about pressure! I have never felt so much anxiety in putting someone on a game animal.

• Like 2

I put my son in for general tags also. Hoping he gets drawn!!

I have 9 long years of waiting until my son can put in for elk or deer and can't wait!!!

Be prepared for an AWESOME experience. I got to hunt elk with my younger daughter last year. It was awesome, but talk about pressure! I have never felt so much anxiety in putting someone on a game animal.

What he said! I put my daughter in for general hunts for the exact same reason. As a Hunter Ed instructor, I've talked to too many parents who's kids lost interest in hunting because they had to wait 3-5 years to get a youth elk tag. I put my daughter in for a general tag last year for her first elk hunt and had my absolute best year of hunting ever. Just like lance says, I had so much pressure and anxiety (all self-imposed). She didn't fill her tag, but found her success in other avenues and we grew much closer! Good luck! Now we're just waiting to see which one of got the elk tag this year (my money is on her)!!

• Like 1

Congrats. You are going to have a GREAT time with family on this hunt! Looking forward to hearing the story.