Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

***SOLD***Broken down 2004 Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Lariat $4500 Added Ford diagnosis picture.****SOLD****

That's sad cause I have the 04 350 pwr strk 4x4 long bed 4 dr with 6.0 and only high press oil pump n 2 injectors gone out in 12 yrs and I am at 306,000 miles knock on wood running 170 miles a day to n from work.

Prior to my 77 f150 400 c6 ran for 340k for 13 yrs. Ford tough.

• Like 3

Forgot to mention running with banks six gun chip and exhaust. Will still throw you in your seat.

Happy Trails

• Like 1

Yeah some of them turn out decent But this one definitely didn't. Talked to my dad more about it and apparently the FICM is fine. First time it went down the oil pump oil cooler and FICM were all replaced. The next two times it was injectors and compression problems. As of the last time it broke all they could see was that injectors 2,3,5 are bad and cylinders 4 and 5 have low compression. they couldn't give more details without tearing into it and my dad didn't want to pay the money. If you buy this truck I'd pretty much expect you to be putting a completely new engine in it or expect to spend $7500 getting all the engine issues fixed.

Give Chris Rollins the Owner Of Rowdy Racks in Mesa a call, 480-221-3384. He specializes if Ford Diesel trucks and would probably be interested in buying it. He has a Facebook page, Rowdy Racks.

That's a smoking steal! That would be 12k diesel that is already bulletproof, new FICM, and replaced injectors! I would jump on it but I have a 06 6.0 bulletproof! Works awesome

Ford didn't build that engine, International did, and they screwed ford on many motors(as soon as the contract was up, ford started building their own motors) You have no compression due to a head gasket being blown, running a programmer ?

• Like 1

Ford didn't build that engine, International did, and they screwed ford on many motors(as soon as the contract was up, ford started building their own motors) You have no compression due to a head gasket being blown, running a programmer ?

OK whoever made the engine, it sucks. And one of those sucky engines is in my dad's truck. He has never had a programmer or chip or anything aftermarket put in it so not sure what went wrong.
  • Like 1

I got rid of one in an excursion, sold it to a fellow south of the border. I found out my ford lcf 4.5 liter v6 is the same motor, its been towed 5 times now on a heavy duty tow truck. My mileage is at 58,000. I will stick with cummins or cat from now on.

The truth is that Navistar/International built the eng but to Ford specs. Ford and the epa screwed up a perfectly good eng.