Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

So what did you put in for?

Hi All,

Just curious as to which units you guys put in for. I went for Dec. hunts in 23,24a, and 32, but draw odds are low. So I also put in for my old standby Nov unit 32 hunt.

Amanda

After changing my mind on almost an hourly basis, my final choices submitted to G&F were:

1) 13b muley ( I have only taken one muley in my life- Utah last year.)

2) 36c Dec.

3) 36c Nov.

4) 33 Nov.

5) 36c Oct.

After asking a lot about unit 32, I stuck with 36c as I've hunted it several times and it's given me some nice bucks. Would like to backpack hunt into Brown's Canyon if drawn.

Hope eveyone gets their first choice.

Doug/ Red Rabbit

Amanda, here are my deer choices. I hope that I don't hurt anyones feelings by not making my first choice a Coues hunt.

1st 12A West late hunt mule deer

2nd 27/28 December whitetail

Scott

I did like Scott, put in first choice 12aw, 33 Dec, 36c Nov, 36c Oct, 33 Nov.................I dont love mule deer, but would like to kill one biggie somewhere around 190 then stick with coues the rest of my life................Maybe one day I could afford a Mexico muley hunt......................Allen..................

Well like Arizona griz, I decided on 36A Dec,Nov,Oct,and then 34A Nov,Oct.I've done my share of scouting with good luck. GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON THE DRAW.

bowhntr

I stuck with the late Coues hunt as usual. 23- Dec., 22- Dec., 24a- Dec., and 24b- Dec. Maybe I will get drawn for carp deer in Wyoming but here my first choice is still Coues. Good luck!

Travis

1st choice 27/28 late and 2nd choice unit 33 Novemeber coues. For 3rd choice I put in for 33 early. I would like 1st or 2nd choice so I could try a backpacking adventure depending on snow depth in 27 or 33. With my luck the Game and Fish will mess up and give me a carp tag in 20B or some such unbearable unit :o :)

Bret M.

Guest Guest_firstcoues80inches

well i satayed true and went with 36b for my coues choices started with december then went to nov and so on

casey

Guest CDN

Good luck to everybody in the draw. I went 22 &24b. Didnt choose any oct/nov hunts b/c my partner and I drew a landowner tag in Colorado. Don't get all excited- I just want to kill one good muledeer buck. Then I will get back to business with coues deer. Hopefully the results will be out faster than past years. I have a friend at the AZGFD that said they took in about 240,000 apps. About 60% of those were internet apps. Good Luck CDN

I put in for 13B and 23 for my first and second choice this year and 35B(Nov) for my third choice. I really like 35B late but only have one point this year. Good luck to everyone in the Draw!

I put in for whitetail in 36B December, November and October then 36C October, November. I haven't drawn a December tag in 8 years, I'm hoping my luck will change.

Good luck to all on the draw.

Bill