Sign in to follow this  
hornhunter10

Heaviest brown ever!!

I showed my horn to a "professional" horn hunter and asked him if he ever found that big of sheds as a matched pair? I was surprised to hear his response that once he found the match to a horn as big as mine.......but it was over a mile apart for each shed. I never would have thunk that! How far apart have you folks found matching sheds?

i know of one horn that was found a few years ago that is a 6 point and scores right at 200". weighs a little over 20lbs

• Like 1

Impressive antler!!

I bet the other side is close by. Maybe laying tines down against a log, heck maybe a tree fell on it. Hope you can match it up.

That's a great shed. Congrats

I have a buddy that found a set of sheds that score 390" with no spread credit. They were about half mile apart. Glassed up the first one, and looked for 4 days straight for the match before he found it.

I found a set of big matched blacktail sheds (4x5 plus eye guards) in CA that were about 3/4 mile apart, but luckily in the same canyon, just way further down. I mounted them on a skull plate. I also saw the guy that shed them the year before, about 6 times in 2 weeks for work. Wished every time I saw him I had a non-resident archery tag. He was a brute of a blacktail.

I have also found sets of sheds laying like they fell off while the animal was taking a nap.

• Like 1

Interesting Lance. I found a 6x6 matching set in January (from last year) that was cris-crossed on top of each other. Last week I found what I believe to be a 5x5 matching set but about 1/3 mile apart. I never would have guessed though that big sheds like discussed on this forum would be found so far apart.

WOW!