Sign in to follow this  
hornhunter10

Heaviest brown ever!!

Was fortunate enough to pick up this horn a couple weeks ago. Have yet to find the other side and I'm losing sleep over it haha. It weighs right at the 16 lb mark. Pictures don't really do it justice.

post-5409-0-53287700-1429488810_thumb.jpg

post-5409-0-68603600-1429488829_thumb.jpg

post-5409-0-41918400-1429488846_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Wow!

Hope you have a tag in that unit! Haha

I have a 7-ponter like that one I found 4 years ago that goes over 17 pounds. Found it 6' off the ground in a tree within a week of being shed. Tracked it as best I could. Figure it is a +400 bull with normal spread. Made 26 unsuccessful trips the last few years looking for the match (which I would mount if I found it). Doesn't look like I will ever find the match....... but I will keep trying every year until I head for the happy hunting ground likely!

• Like 1

Forgot to mention I hunted this wonderful bull the next two years and got within 30 yards of him on my archery hunt just before sunup the following year. Obviously I did not get him or you would have heard about it already! Not sure he is still alive now.

i saw the set off that bull from last year. you would think when one side that heavy fell off the other one would have to be really close. give'r H#ll Willy.