MT_Sourdough

You tell me, how timely is this rain?

Great rain and hail today in Alpine. That makes three days in a row with precipitation. Alpine is looking about the best I have seen it for this time of the year! Oh....and most years I have seen bulls with the start of 5 points by late April. Best yet this year is a 3 point..... but admittedly I haven't been out as much as normal this year.

• Like 1

Murfy, why did You have to post a pic of me( the one on the left)? Except I have a package like the one on the right.LOL.. I wanted to ad My Bull grew 3.3 inches today. that should take him to 380..........BOB!

• Like 2

Larry ,when your living in North Dakota there aint alot to get excited about. I am definately looking forward to this hunt.It will be the funnest since I was with You when Eddy killed that Desert monster........BOB!

Saw this guy on April 4th, early/fast start but I know this bull and he'll never be any bigger than 350 in his lifetime.

DAN

post-529-0-57932900-1430318120_thumb.jpg

post-529-0-08270900-1430318139_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like 80% chance of rain in Flagstaf Mon. and Tuesday. Great News. Make that grass grow. ..........BOB!

• Like 1

Well some parts of the state are getting really good moisture out of today's storm. I don't know exactly how much it will help growth, but its definitely not gonna hurt it!

• Like 1

Ya I am watching it from afar and it is great. More Tomm. I think. Rain Baby Rain.......BOB!

It will help growth big time!

The only time rain is not going to help as much is actually the monsoons in july!!

Timing is every thing! !

And you don't want a ton of rain because it washes away the nutrients in the soil.

This is one of the theories that the reason Arizona grows monster bulls our rain is incremental! Just enough at the right time!!

• Like 1

Rained at my house today. Watched the weeds grow 3 inches which usually doesn't happen until August. Hoping it does that to the deer and elk antlers.

It will help growth big time!

The only time rain is not going to help as much is actually the monsoons in july!!

Timing is every thing! !

And you don't want a ton of rain because it washes away the nutrients in the soil.

This is one of the theories that the reason Arizona grows monster bulls our rain is incremental! Just enough at the right time!!

You said it right there SIR. To much rain washes away the nutrients. Food plays as much if not more than the moisture as well as genes.

Ten straight days of at least sprinkles to a few good short term rains now in Alpine. Never before experienced this in the spring time! Will be interesting to see what horn quality we get this year....... but I'm guessing "above average" at this point with the greenery currently in the forest.

• Like 4