Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Anyone have a good wild Turkey recipe???

I'm looking for a good wild Turkey recipe. Last year I tried cooking some of my bird on the grill and in the oven. Both pieces turned out like shoe leather.

Anyone have a good recipe I could try on this years bird?

Thanks,

Adam

Is the skin on?

I've good luck deep fried with eh skin on. Or a table top roaster in a roasting bag if the skin is off. Both injected with Cajon injector creole butter

Adam,

Last year I found a recipe on-line somewhere which included brineing it and adding sage, rosemary and tyme to the brine. I brined it too long maybe 12 hours or so and it was a bit salty.

But it tasted better than any turkey I have ever cooked and was super tender. I cooked it in an oven bag.

No skin. I was thinking about putting the breast in the oven inside a roasting bag.

Adam

Favorite method around our house:

Cut the meat into strips. Let it soak for 6-12 hours in Italian dressing. Roll each strip in a piece of bacon, secure with toothpick. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Favorite method around our house:

Cut the meat into strips. Let it soak for 6-12 hours in Italian dressing. Roll each strip in a piece of bacon, secure with toothpick. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Very similar to how most people cook dove. Sounds like a good idea! Thanks!

Adam,

Last year I found a recipe on-line somewhere which included brineing it and adding sage, rosemary and tyme to the brine. I brined it too long maybe 12 hours or so and it was a bit salty.

But it tasted better than any turkey I have ever cooked and was super tender. I cooked it in an oven bag.

Hey buddy,

How long did you cook your Turkey in the oven bag?

I like slicing the breast against the grain of the meat and using Louisiana chicken fry batter or if you like it a little spicier Louisiana Cajun fish fry batter and making fried turkey strips. I also usually soak the cut strips in water with a little of batter mixed in for flavor. Takes a little more work to make it this way but has always been a big hit when I have made it.

I also like to do jalapeno poppers with turkey strips with a little cream cheese all wrapped with bacon.

Put 3 ice cubes in a glass

Pour in Wild Turkey

Drink

Repeat

• Like 3

cut it into strips or nuggets, soak it in some cold salt water for a few hours. bread it and fry it. It is delicious cooked this way and you still taste the flavor of the bird, unlike marinating and brining.

Desert Bull beat Me to it. I think liquid Turkey tastes better than that ugly Tom.......BOB!

wild turkeys have such an amazing flavor that it's a shame to cover it up with marinades and sauce and chili powder,etc. if you pluck it, stuff it and bake it just like thanksgiving. if you skin it, bone it out, cut into strips and bread and fry like chicken. wild turks are really good. a lot like a great big quail. have a really unique taste. Lark.

My favorite is boned, cut into strips, breaded and fried. My family's favorite is when I put a dry rub on it and throw it on the grill (slow cook) then top with my home made barbecue sauce.