Sign in to follow this  
Heat

Memorial Weekend, Which Rim Lake?

Fishing and Camping trip on the Rim was a total success. Found a semi-secluded camping spot near Bear Canyon Lake where we got away from most of the numbskulls. We were still close enough to hear the idiots firing their automatic weapon until 11 PM the first night, but we survived until they ran out of ammo. What kind of idiot shoots at night anyway? Especially when there are numerous sign all over prohibiting target shooting! Other than that we really had a nice relaxing weekend. Got to run my own wall tent and stove for the first time which was pretty cool. My one year old daughter's first camping trip and she seemed to do just fine.

As far as the fishing I only made it to the Lake once but some folks from our group made it a total of 3 times and we/they caught fish every time. First cast within 3 minutes or so and my cousin had one on. I managed to catch a few too, so I was very satisfied. Worms were working on the stocked rainbows but one or two fish seemed much chunkier and maybe held-over from last year. All in all a great trip! No grip and grin worthy fish pics, but I do have one or two of the campsite with my baby I can post later.

Thanks!

post-2759-0-93739100-1432670753_thumb.jpg

post-2759-0-86720500-1432670806_thumb.jpg

post-2759-0-63146900-1432670887_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Been a while since I went to bear canyon. I thought it was artificial lure only. Did they change the rules?

You may be confused with Chevelon Canyon Lake or they changed the rules or something. I could find no such regulation in any publication. The lake description on the Game and Fish website even recommends a worm and bobber. Pretty sure we did the right thing.

http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/documents/BearCanyonLakeGeneralDescriptionFoyer.pdf

Glad you had a good time. I want to not say anything but..... Can't do it. Putting I took my 1 year old camping and listened to automatic gun fire til 11pm and total success doesn't fit. This doesnt bode well for family fun in the hills. Sorry this happened, I wish more Leo would be up on big weekends busting idiot people like this.

• Like 1

"I wish more Leo would be up on big weekends busting idiot people like this." I really feel sorry for the people camped next to them, but I hear you!

Been a while since I went to bear canyon. I thought it was artificial lure only. Did they change the rules?

I think about 10 years ago.

• Like 2

Glad you got out and had a good. time. Sorry you had to deal with WWIII. Unfortunately it happens all the time!

• Like 1

Yeah. I know it's been longer than 10 years since I fished there. Thanks PRDATR