Sign in to follow this  
Heat

Memorial Weekend, Which Rim Lake?

Has anyone ever fished for trout at Knoll Lake or Bear Canyon Lake over Memorial Weekend? Which would you recommend? I'll be bringing my wall tent for shelter. Is one better than another for the fishing, how about the scenery for camping? I would prefer to be camped near water but don't want an army of people all around me either so may get away a bit. Any insight would be great!

Neither will let you camp anywhere near the water. As far as the fishing, it is pretty much a toss up. Knoll lake is a lot further back in, but that can also mean smaller crowds. Still, with it being a holiday weekend, it will be crowded at both.

You couldn't pay me to go up there this weekend. If I had to I would do chevlon, bear canyon will be packed. We went last year the Tuesday after memorial and bear canyon looked like the backside of a south side circle k. Plenty of used diapers laying around as well.

• Like 3

Been there done that. Never again. If your bent on it leave now for knoll or you wont get a spot.

All you are going to do is see people. This is amateur weekend and every tom, dick and harry will be up north at the lakes, rivers and streams. Good luck. Bear canyon is a better lake to answer you ? imo

Sorry I asked, sometimes I gotta wonder about this site! Negativity seems much more the norm nowadays rather than an exception!

• Like 3

It's not being negative. The entire rim will be packed this weekend it will take a couple extra hours to get there on Friday.

It's packed!! If your ok with that, bear canyon looks nicer, and has lot more spruce and aspens in the area.

• Like 1

It is simple there are toooooooo many people in AZ. All you people that think that the growth of Phonieix is good are the problem. Where do you think that allll of those people came from? Most came from idiotville, commiefornia, new jerk, oregone, iowa (idiots out walking around), bum f--- egypt, suth of de brder, and other terrorists places. :blink: have a nice weekend. And remember this weekend is to celebrate the people who have given their lives so that these idiots could be free to screw up the USA.

Come on heat buddy we are just trying to help. It truly is bad on these big weekends. Just a lot of people. Last time I did a big weekend we stayed near potato lake and had a good time. Yes a lot of campers but quiet at night. We hit bear canyon parking lot and it was full so we didn't fish. Now I have kayacks and we go across the lake anyway , you will have fun no matter what but try to get there early.

It is simple there are toooooooo many people in AZ. All you people that think that the growth of Phonieix is good are the problem. Where do you think that allll of those people came from? Most came from idiotville, commiefornia, new jerk, oregone, iowa (idiots out walking around), bum f--- egypt, suth of de brder, and other terrorists places. :blink: have a nice weekend. And remember this weekend is to celebrate the people who have given their lives so that these idiots could be free to screw up the USA.

I am not from callie and I know whats up and where I live.

ThomC, Are you an AZ native?

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

have fun Heat take pics!

+1 one for BC and Chevelon

• Like 1

If you can make the trip to Reservation Lake you will cut way down on the people and catch more fish. The reservation lakes in general have crowds that are a bit smaller or Big lake at least you can find a spot to avoid someone on top of you. Hiking the river is also a lot of fun and you can catch fish while you enjoy the scenery.

Good luck!

• Like 2