Ok so now for the cure. What is the best way to clean off the old with out hurting the rubber roof. I will go get the sealant at camping world today. Should i redo all the areas on the roof or just this one they all look great except the one on the fridge vent. Also what do you think of the antena wire did they forget to do it right and had to put it under the vent cover as an after thought. I like the R vision trailers but i do find some very poor finish work in some areas. Like the bathroom wall between the bathroom and the bunks would move a full inch evry time the door was opened or closed. So i took some quarter round molding And some very strong adheasive i use in bathroom work and my small nailer and fixed it. It is solid as a rock now.

What is the best way to hang the tp roll hanger and towl bar and tothbrush holder on the wall. I will not hit studs when i hang them. Should i use dotties or just screw them right to the wall. This trailer is a 2002 but was only used one time and none of that was ever put up.

Thanks again for all your help.This is what takes place when i do not draw a tag.

post-1778-1193761095.jpg

The arrow shows where the cable is to be routed into the cealing.

so they forgot to run the cable or the antenna was added latter.

I carefully use a putty knife to remove the old sealant.

I would not reseal anything that does not look bad.

As you are learning,

the construction standards are alot lower in the RV industry.

You may want to take a look at using a decoritive board

behind the towell bar ect. to allow you to hit a stud.

Mike

Yes i just looked in my neighbors Jayco and his bars are mounted onto decorative board and a bit longer than each bar. So that is what i was thinking they did that for. There is a spot for tv's in two spots one above the dinet and one in the bed room. So i bet they forgot to run the wire until it was to late. I might just have my brotherinlaw build me a door to put on the tv spot above the dinet anyways as we do not use it for a tv. We use it for storage and a door would be nice. I am also thinking about having him build drawers to under the bottom bunk and under the master bed. They are just open space that you have to lift the beds up to stor stuff in them. When we could use the drawer space for clothing. With four kids space is very important. I am a freak about the trailer being a mess when we are using it. That is part of the reason we picked this trailer as we could sleep all our family and not have to make the table into a bed every night. (Unless my Mom goes with us).

I have a 1966 holiday rambler that i take the kids camping in and i do some hunting out of it. This rambler is really really heavy towing to east fork and big lake. Anyways my question is ..... I have never used the toilet, so last year i got to looking at it and the slide inside the pooper area will not move. I sprayed different types of lubricant to try and loosen it, it never worked. I thought about replacing the toilet but i got to thinking about replacing the toilet (toilets are pricey too) with a porta potty from wallyworld. I haven't used the toilet in three years cause i normally camp where there are bathrooms around. Taking the toilet out would also litten the trailer a little. What are your thoughts on doing this. The only time i would really use the porta potty in the camper would be really late at night if the kids or i have to use the restroom. Thanks for your time.

T-Bolt.

You carry more weight in food and drink that the toilet weighs.

Leave the consumables at home and you wont need the toilet.

Problem solved ;)

Anyway, yes that trailer was built back when they used real materials

and it is heavy.

Since you have lubed the top surface and the slide won't move

I would take the toilet out and turn it upside down and lube the bottom surface.

Most of the time all I have to do is add some water to the bowl and let it sit over night and it will break loose.

As far as replacing it with a Wally World porta potty I think you are going to spend at least $60.00 for a piece of junk.

You can buy a brand new RV toilet for about $130.00 and be done with it.

I think I may even have a good used one.

The only problem you may run into is the floor flange bolts.

Hopefully they can be moved or in the right location.

A Thetford RV toilet is made in either a foot flush model which has the bolts in the front and rear

or a hand flush model which has the bolt on the sides so you should be able to make one of them work. You will also need to do a little minor plumbing but no big deal.

Hope that helps.

Feel free to ask more questions.

The only reason I spent money on my camp trailer was for the Bathroom. I can sleep in a tent but not go to the bathroom in it. (well I guess you could.) To have a working Bathroom makes the trip much better. I would try and get the toilet working and if that does not work replace it with another RV toilet. It makes less work for you to not have to dump the little porta pot over and over.

Mike,

Are there any 5th wheels on the market that will last half as long as Tbolts 66 HR? What brand do you recommend for longevity?

Kevin

GH, i have been surfing the internet looking for an owners manual for my 1966 holiday rambler and i can't find a darn thing. Any ideas on where i could get one. i have been looking for quit some time on the internet and all i see are articles about the airstream, tear drop models, and a few others. The holiday rambler web site does not go back on any model past 2002. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time AGAIN.

GH not sure if i asked you this one yet or not.

When i plug my trailer into the house evrything in the trailer works the way it is suposed to except the outlets in the trailer. For some reason it trips the GFCI outlet in the trailer bathroom and that kills the rest of the outlets. When i plug into the generator (honda 2000). everything works like it is suposed to and all the outlets work just fine and the GFCI does not trip.

So i was thinking that maybe the outlet in my home is reversed polarity so i try another outlet and it does the same thing. The guy that lived here before us did a bunch of electrical stuff to the house so i was thinking that he very well could have done this on the outlets i have used to test this. Then i went to my in laws this weekend and the same outcome. Maybe the outlets are not wired with enough juice to run the trailer the proper way.

What do you think

Sorry it took so long to get back with you on this one

but I am really not sure.

I was waiting to talk with my customer that I was doing a job for yesterday

since he owns a electrical company.

He said the only thing he could think of is that your Common (White Wire)

and ground (Bare wire) are bonded together together and causing the GFI to pop.

We are not sure why it does not happen on the generator.

Pull the cover of the converter and see if 1 of the bare wires might be touching the Common buss bar.

Hope thats it.

GH well i looked at the power system and all is good inside as i can see. I did take the GFCI outlet off again to just look and found that one of the white wires was just setting in place and not tightened down at all. I bet this is the problem. I had not checked each wire by pulling on them i just made a visual on them to see they were all in place. When i bring it home again i will check it out. untill then we will be useing the generator anyways. I still do not know why it would work with the gen and not shore. We will see what it does.

Thanks for all your help.

I thought I would bring this thread back up for our new members.

Amanda,

Can you think of a better name for this thread

so it can be found in a search?

RV and 101 do not have 4 letters :(

GameHauler, I need your help.

I have an electrical short on a 1990 Travel Supreme 5th wheel. When I plug it in to a 110 outlet it trips the breaker for the "lights" which also includes the outlets on the right side. I have spent many many hours trying to chase this short down. I replaced the GFCI outlet as well as all of the light switches. I have also disconected the light fixtures with no luck. Any idea?

One more thing. The converter will not charge the battery when it is running on A/C power. Could this be related?

Thanks

Hey I have more trouble with my new trailer than that 79 nomad I got from you. I am sending you a PM I have a tag for your old stomping grounds I think.