I'm going to get lucky with one of my questions yet! I'm detemined. Same trailer. When it sits for a while, and I fill up the fresh water tank. The filter after the pump does not allow water to pass. I am having to break the seal on the filter to get the water to go into the rest of the pipes. It does not matter if it is a new filter or not. It seam as if it gets a bad vacuum in it. It also does not matter if any of the faucets are open either. Tomorrow I will ask about muffler bearings. Mine squeak. Bad.

If Its not to hard I would try putting the filter before the pump.

I think it would work better but then it would not be filtering the city water

just the water from the tank.

I would just take it off if it were mine, most people don't drink the water anyway.

I don't think I will be able to respond to the muffler bearing issue

on a public forum ;)

One more, my heater in my rig is having a hard time starting up. I'll turn it on, the fan will run but it will shut off because the heater?? will not fire up. This weekend it work fine the first time first morning but the next morning I had to turn it on/off 6 times to get it to work. Propane was good. This has happened before.

It could be several things but my guess would be:

Dirty or wrong gap on the electrode.

Mud Daubers got into the burner and have it partially plugged.

Other options but not likely in this case are:

Control board starting to fail,

Sail switch starting to fail,

Gas valve starting to fail.

The above usually just stop working but not always.

Mike, I just got a phone call from my dad. He's up in 6A right now with a trailer problem. It's a pop up and he can't get the crank to engage to lower the top section. He messed with it for 2 hours and nothing. We had the trailer set up at his house last week and everything was okay. He's wanting to move to a new area and he's stuck since he can't move the trailer the way it is. Do you have any ideas????

Daryl,

Sorry your Dad is having problems on his hunt.

It is hard to say what is going on without seeing it.

I have not ran into one not going down just up.

The different manufacturers use different lift systems

and although I worked on the trailer last year I do not

remember much about it. (just another RV to me)

I will try to get a hold of my field guy today but I tried

Yesterday and think he may still be on his Elk hunt.

Shoot me a PM with your Dads cell # and general area he is.

Gamehauler- this topic really needs to be moved to another forum topic. Being in optics and tripods does not fit. Maybe Amanda can move somewhere??? Just a thought.

Gamehauler- this topic really needs to be moved to another forum topic. Being in optics and tripods does not fit. Maybe Amanda can move somewhere??? Just a thought.

Maybe like "Around the Camp Fire" or "Pull Up a Log"

Maybe, "The Coffee is Hot, the Beer is Cold, Pull Up a Seat and Warm Your Feet" :rolleyes:

I'm in trouble again :unsure:

NO- I ment who would look for this topic in the optics page. If someone was to ask you a question. They would never look in the topic to find the RV question. I am just saying it should move to a topic it would have more to do with RV's.

NO- I ment who would look for this topic in the optics page. If someone was to ask you a question. They would never look in the topic to find the RV question. I am just saying it should move to a topic it would have more to do with RV's.

Tell me which one I should have put it in please :unsure:

How about other hunting gear.

That's about what I was thinking. I will go ahead and move it and expand the topic description of Other Hunting Gear to include discussion of RVs.

Amanda

Hello

I have a 2008 Rockwood 8318SS that I picked up yesterday from storage and brought home to get ready for next weekend..No problem yesterday. Just went to drop it off at storage and I could not get the electric tongue jack to go down. Motor seems to be working fine it just wont go up or down so i put a little pressure on the jack as I was hitting the button, BAM the jack slid down to the ground. It is completely un-attached inside it slides freely up and down. I have a bungie holding it up right now but can't get the trailor off the truck.. Any thoughts

Thanks

Chris

You will have to use a bottle jack to get it off.

Depending on the make most have a roll pin

that the gear sits on and it holds the jack guts

in place. that broke or came out.

Can I just pull the 3 bolts and take the whole jack off? And if so what am I looking for inside once its off?