Yes take the jack off.

You may or may not need to take the motor off the head.

You need to take the horizontal shaft and top gear out which

will involve tapping out a roll pin or two.

Then the lower gear should just lift out.

Look at the top of the inside section that fell out, there should

be a hole where the pin goes or you will see the pin broke off.

Well I hit up every hardware store around me and none of them had that pin so I purchased a piece of 1/4 steel rod and was going to cut it. I was wondering since the old pin actually was bolted to the gear then went through the shaft if it will be a major deal if the new pin just goes through the shaft and does not bolt to the gear. I'm thinking that there shouldn't be that much movement on top of the gear.

Maybe I will leave the old bolt in as a stop!?

Just wondering what you thought about this.

If you look close at the left side of the pin has a hole in it, in that hole a bolt attaches it to the top side of the gear were the allen head bolt is. then the other end goes through the vertical shaft that is just poking through the top of the gear holding it up.

So if I just leave the bolt and put a straight pin in it hopefully it will rest against the bolt and it won't continue to spin around on top of the gear.

Am I not seeing this correctly?

GH I am very impressed with the your knowledge of your industry and I appreciate the help you are giving to all of us on CWT! I too have a couple questions after our turkey hunt with our Jayco 5th wheel. 1. If your awning chooses not to retract on its own as it used to once you flip the lever is that because of a failed spring of some sort or what should I look for? 2. Will the rocking too and fro while moving in the 5th wheel stop if I purchase one of those 5th wheel tripods or is there something else I need to install to eliminate this as much as possible? 3. I had asked a question with no response regarding my Honda generator and how to quiet it down some so if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated- it is an EB3500 mounted on a hitch haul on back of trailer and it is motor noise, not vibration noise. Lastly, where are you located so I can stop in and visit/do some business with you in the near future? Thank you for all your assistance with my issues GH!! :)

Sorry, I must have missed the question before?

Not much you can do with the Gen. that I know of.

Is TJHUNT2 as he has the same model I think.

He may have an answer. I thought his is super quite.

I assume you have stabilizer jacks on it front and rear

so not much else you can do but block the wheels good.

Again, ask TJ what he thinks of his. He always uses one.

If you can roll the awning up by hand than locking mechanism

is working so yes it is a spring issue.

Broken or needs adjusted. I can tell you how to adjust if you want.

I have dropped A&E as a supplier but can get Carefree parts.

On replacement fabrics I can use a Carefree fab. on A&E awnings.

As far as location, As you come into Payson there is a motel on your left.

Turn left right after the motel and I am directly behind the motel.

928-468-RVRV (7878)

This topic hasnt seen anything for awhile so maybe I will revive it. Gamehauler-I have a halfton truck with a smaller V8 and am looking at getting a travel trailer. Any recommendations on any of the ultralites or lite trailers?? Would like something in the 20-26 ft range. Would be used for me, wife and 2 young kids for camping and hunting trips. Dont need fancy accessories just beds, heater, ac, fridge etc. Thanks in advance

Just wondering if two 6volt batts will last as long as two 12volt deep cycle batts?

My experience was that running two 6volt golf cart batteries together lasted about twice as long as any 12volt battery configuration I tried. Go back in this topic to page 3 or 4 posts #33 to 48. The information there should answer most of your questions.

Lee

My experience was that running two 6volt golf cart batteries together lasted about twice as long as any 12volt battery configuration I tried. Go back in this topic to page 3 or 4 posts #33 to 48. The information there should answer most of your questions.

Lee

Hey thanks for the info! Im going to be getting me a couple of 6 volt batteries. Its cheaper than two 12 volts.

No problem. Just make sure you get 6V golf cart-type batteries. I don't know about them being cheaper. Bought a pair in July at Sam's and paid nearly $200 for the pair after taxes and deposits. It is money well spent though.

Hey mike I just got a KZ sportsman sportster toy hauler its a 2006. When I turn the heater on it kicks on the blower and does what I guess is purging air out of it. Then after about 30 seconds it shuts off. Never fires up. I pulled the gas line and it's getting gas to the unit. I have not had time to go any farther yet. Maybe a blog in it some place. I know bugs can get in and make trouble. The thermostat works the AC fine but could it be the problem on the heater side. Let me know some things to Check out.