DrtRoadRody

AZ drivers....

You think AZ is bad try India.

So you've been there too?? I have been traveling and working in India for years, and everytime I go back I am reminded of the madness on the roads. Simply can't explain it to someone who hasn't experienced it. :blink:

The interesting part though, is that think Indian drivers are quite good. It's the traffic laws and 'norms' of the road there that are CRAZY!! I've often told my friends over there that if you took a bunch of American drivers and put them on the roads of Mumbai (or any other city in India) that there would be total and complete gridlock! As crazy as it is, somehow the drivers there keep things moving. ^_^

S.

:)

I lived in the Philippines for 2 years... Driving there and surviving is a miracle in and of itself... I remember once watching a tricycle try cutting off a bus... Lesson 1: If the vehicle is BIGGER than you... You will die... Tricycle got taken out by the bus..

• Like 2

So you've been there too?? I have been traveling and working in India for years, and everytime I go back I am reminded of the madness on the roads. Simply can't explain it to someone who hasn't experienced it. :blink:

The interesting part though, is that think Indian drivers are quite good. It's the traffic laws and 'norms' of the road there that are CRAZY!! I've often told my friends over there that if you took a bunch of American drivers and put them on the roads of Mumbai (or any other city in India) that there would be total and complete gridlock! As crazy as it is, somehow the drivers there keep things moving. ^_^

S.

I lived in the Philippines for 2 years... Driving there and surviving is a miracle in and of itself... I remember once watching a tricycle try cutting off a bus... Lesson 1: If the vehicle is BIGGER than you... You will die... Tricycle got taken out by the bus..

It's not uncommon to see a dozen or more of the locals on a tricycle. Once saw a bundle of 24' coconut lumber being transported on a trike.

Traveled across Palawan on a 1 1/2 ton jeep transport, just a little larger than the jeepneys. Was designed for maybe a dozen troops, there were over 70 of us on board not counting the goats, chickens, water barrels, bananas....

Half of us were on the roof. At each hill we had to climb down and help push the old jeep up the grades. Was not legal to ride on the roof, so in towns, the driver simply threw a tarp over 3 dozen of us up top and slipped the traffic cop a hundred pisos (less than $1.50) to look the other way.

Fun times, but was nearly killed on many occasions.

• Like 2

Well said. and..

attachicon.gifkeepright.png

Hmmm So I'm going 75mph on I-17 in the left lane and you come up on me at 85mph . Who is wrong?
technically if there's no cars to your right that your passing at the time then you should move over... Always pass on the left.... But if your passing then 85 guy just has to wait till you finish your pass
YES!!! Drives me bat schite crazy when ppl don't move over. I don't care how fast your going....MOVE OVER!!!!! IT'S THE LAW !!
So 2 wrongs make a right! First I guarantee you you believe it's a fast lane not a passing lane and your a major tailgater.

Do you want my license plate? Cause I ain't moving for you speeders!! :)

You know where I'm going? What if I have my kid in the car with a broken arm and I'm headed to the hospital? Or I just got a call that my wife and kids were in a wreck? F u. Ck yourself and MOVE OVER![/quote

AZkiller

I apologize that I offended you into using your FOUL MOUTH again and causing you to show your level of maturity that was not my intent!

Well said. and..

Hmmm So I'm going 75mph on I-17 in the left lane and you come up on me at 85mph . Who is wrong?

So you're going 75mph on I-17 in the left lane, someone (regardless of who) comes up at 85mph. You are both wrong, and you, SirRoyal, are obligated by State Law to simply move over.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00721.htm

So 2 wrongs make a right!

No, 2 wrongs don't make a right, so "Keep Right Except to Pass" and let LE take care of the speeder/tailgater.

First I guarantee you you believe it's a fast lane not a passing lane and your a major tailgater.

Do you base all of your arguments on assumptions? Cause you guarantee too much.

You put a lot of great content on this site, I thought you would have been a lot smarter person than this.

Well said. and..

So you're going 75mph on I-17 in the left lane, someone (regardless of who) comes up at 85mph. You are both wrong, and you, SirRoyal, are obligated by State Law to simply move over.

No, 2 wrongs don't make a right, so "Keep Right Except to Pass" and let LE take care of the speeder/tailgater.

First I guarantee you you believe it's a fast lane not a passing lane and your a major tailgater.

You put a lot of great content on this site, I thought you would have been a lot smarter person than this.

CouesPursuit

We all have our dumb days guess I had one by responding with emotion to this thread.

I'll be smarter next time and pm the individual with which I disagree or let it go!

You might do the same!

I figured out a trick a while back that works on tailgaters! When someone is riding my bumper, I pull over and let them go by! No more tailgater! Arizona, California, Utah, where ever.... It works every single time! :D

S.

• Like 1

Well said. and..

Well said. and..

CouesPursuit

We all have our dumb days guess I had one by responding with emotion to this thread.

I'll be smarter next time and pm the individual with which I disagree or let it go!

You might do the same!

just wanted to continue this quote to make it take up at least one page. Carry on fella's
  • Like 1

S.

It's not uncommon to see a dozen or more of the locals on a tricycle. Once saw a bundle of 24' coconut lumber being transported on a trike.

Traveled across Palawan on a 1 1/2 ton jeep transport, just a little larger than the jeepneys. Was designed for maybe a dozen troops, there were over 70 of us on board not counting the goats, chickens, water barrels, bananas....

Half of us were on the roof. At each hill we had to climb down and help push the old jeep up the grades. Was not legal to ride on the roof, so in towns, the driver simply threw a tarp over 3 dozen of us up top and slipped the traffic cop a hundred pisos (less than $1.50) to look the other way.

Oh yes... I remember the near death experiences... I remember traveling by bus from Tuguegarao (part of Cagayan Valley) to Cauayan City, Isabela and watching a bus in front of us literally rollover into a rice field. LOL We always rode on the roofs of the Jeepneys or Tricycles :D

• Like 1

S.

270491_10150303364751251_6135986_n.jpg?o269656_10150303365361251_7196786_n.jpg?o

FOr those of you wondering what a jeepney and tricycle is :)

• Like 1

I did some work in Manila a few years ago. Traveled there a few times in the space of a year or two. My driver's car broke down one afternoon and I decided to take the Jeepney back to Makati. What an idiot!!! :huh: It was my first time and I just figured I would get on one that was going in the right direction. Next thing I knew I was WAY off course and no where near the hotel! :D

CRAZY traffic in that town!!

S.

Those pictures are rather exceptional rigs. Most trikes and jeepneys are rust buckets and belch so much smoke a liberal would wet themselves.

• Like 1

Those pictures are rather exceptional rigs. Most trikes and jeepneys are rust buckets and belch so much smoke a liberal would wet themselves.

You dont know how many times I'd be sitting in the side car gripping for dear life because the car felt like it was about to snap away from the motorcycle and bye bye Wyguy... ;)

• Like 1