Sign in to follow this  
core2

Good day

Struck out near Payson two weeks ago but had a lot better luck today in another part of the state. I found a honey hole for sure. I carried the 4 below down and had to leave 3 chalks up there but I have their coordinates and will be back. Very stoked to find a nice big set.

post-13422-0-78306600-1434245603_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Nice job

the knobs on the long brow tines are from him beating them into the ground to eat while in the velvet. i've seen several bulls over the years that have had the misfortune of growing extra long drooping brows like that. saw one that had to kneel down to get the right angle to graze. saw another once that the brows looked like funnels on the end, probably 4 inches across, from hitting the ground to feed while in the velvet. saw him several times and a friend of mine ended up killing it with a muzzle loader that fall. first time i've seen sheds from one tho. cool. Lark.

• Like 2

the knobs on the long brow tines are from him beating them into the ground to eat while in the velvet. i've seen several bulls over the years that have had the misfortune of growing extra long drooping brows like that. saw one that had to kneel down to get the right angle to graze. saw another once that the brows looked like funnels on the end, probably 4 inches across, from hitting the ground to feed while in the velvet. saw him several times and a friend of mine ended up killing it with a muzzle loader that fall. first time i've seen sheds from one tho. cool. Lark.

I was wondering how they ended up like that. Thanks.

Those fronts are ridiculous! Nice job man!

Nice for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Good Day for sure