Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

wildfire

Anyone else worried about the fires up north in 6a and 5b? I am guessing it will concentrate a bunch of hunters in the unburned areas? Helping on an early archery this year And we are major bummed.

If there is new growth coming back from the monsoons, the elk will feed in the burn area. If forest service does not close those areas to entry, it might be real good in the burn.

• Like 2

If we get good summer rains the burn areas will green up quick and might be good for hunting. I know a couple of weeks after the Wallow fire burned areas were already greening up.

I would think over the next 3 or 4 weeks the areas in 5B will be closed and the fire will have gone through but from then to Sept 11 is only 2 months or so, doesnt seem like enough time for the elk to move back in if they leave at all that is? I have a few Cams up there as well, hope they make it a few more days, I may not be able to get back to them before they close things. BUmmer Bummer

Judging from what I have seen from the rodeo fire and the wallow fire. The animals are back before the fires are done smoldering.

• Like 3

Sounds like they're going to let it burn as a managed fire. Potential area of 54,000 acres. Pictures show a low intensity fire just creeping along the forest floor. That's a good type fire.

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/letting-lightning-fires-burn-a-benefit/article_469b69d4-9717-5bb1-bb78-c090148c1740.html

post-8895-0-82263300-1434755148_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Are those red dots Where the fire is? Also any info on the 6a fire is greatly appreciated

Right now the 6a is not bad its down in the canyons west of 260 just before you get to the 87. I believe that's 6a?

Are those red dots Where the fire is? Also any info on the 6a fire is greatly appreciated

No. Those are hot spots picked up by the thermal satellites. The fire perimeter is depicted by the black lines.

• Like 1