Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

2015 / 2016 hunt predictions

Spending a bunch of days up on top of the rim I am seeing and feeling this is going to be a banner year for hunting. Not only trophy size but quality of the hunt itself as well. I am feeling there will be some crazy weather and alot of oportunity for hunters. I say this due to the fact that I am seing tons of food and the signs of secondary foods (primary for some) coming along better than I have ever noticed. The grass is just off the charts up north, and better than that the oaks are just going crazy everywhere, I am thinking more and more of doing some bear hunting, I half hope not to get a deer tag this cycle just to have time for a bear hunt. We barely needed feed this last week for the animals and they were a little springy with all the green they were snagging along the trail.

Cant wait for some stories to start popping up here and making some of my own for me and my family.

For those who dont know horses the green grass has a side effect, they get Hot like when you drink one of those 911 coffees at Dutch Bros or a full on green tall can Monster!!!!

Anyone agree with that crystal ball?

• Like 7

Hoping for fat yummy deer/ elk this year. Lots of clean water and food.

Its been about a month since I was out, but at that point alpine had about 3 inches of snow on it. That late in the spring should make for good runoff I hope. Kicked up a bachelor herd down in 27 of about 11-13 bulls, several of which were already looking dang good. I think unit 1 and 27 bull hunters are going to have the opportunity at some real brutes.

I haven't been in the east units this year and was wondering if they had as good of may and June as some of the middle units. Sounds like its good all over so far

It looks like we have a good chance of seeing some rain next weekend. Some more rain right now and into the monsoon and we're golden. Most of you all have a lot more experience in Arizona than I do, but everything I am seeing is looking much better than my previous few years in the State.

this weather is a great distraction. I have a bull hunt in 22 and really liking what I am seeing.

Here in the high desert the heat and wind seem to be drying things out quickly. Tanks still have water though which is good. Haven't had a chance to really get out and do any scouting but maybe soon. Really thinking about trying some bear hunting this year myself.