Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

never under estimate

I have had 10X50 swarovskis for maybe 8 years. Since everyone is selling the 15 x56, I decided to grab a pair. The wife will never know. Today I bought a cheaper tri-pod for my 13 year old son to put the 10s on. We had them set up and every thing was great , until the wife said, why do you need 2 tripods. Uh "o". She knows I have an outdoorsman tripod. The binocs looked close to the same, but I missed out on one episode of Perry Mason. And I didnt think the tripod was a factor.

I guess she knows if you have an 8 hund$ tripod u dont need another. Its all good, fathers day is tomorrow. :)

• Like 6

I have had 10X50 swarovskis for maybe 8 years. Since everyone is selling the 15 x56, I decided to grab a pair. The wife will never know. Today I bought a cheaper tri-pod for my 13 year old son to put the 10s on. We had them set up and every thing was great , until the wife said, why do you need 2 tripods. Uh "o". She knows I have an outdoorsman tripod. The binocs looked close to the same, but I missed out on one episode of Perry Mason. And I didnt think the tripod was a factor.

I guess she knows if you have an 8 hund$ tripod u dont need another. Its all good, fathers day is tomorrow. :)

All of us who have been married for more than 5 minutes have seen this scenario play out many times, yet we never learn.
  • Like 6

If the income is good, bills paid, she's got groceries money, fun money, and kid money then it hurts no one to have a few nice things. I mean a few lol

it aint the first time, and a few is cool

• Like 2

Answer - Why do you need 46 pairs of shoes.

• Like 5

Sometimes it better to ask for forgiveness then permission. Good luck

• Like 1

+1 on taking care of business (i.e. job, roof over your family's head, meals on the table, clothes on your family's back, etc) and having a few extras shouldn't be a big deal. And +1 on asking for forgiveness instead of permission :)

-10 on asking forgiveness. I don't even buy socks without letting the wife know. Can't run a good buisiness without transparency.

• Like 1

They don't need all the details. I bought a cooler vs I bought a Yeti.

• Like 1

Ya the old man saying is (my biggest fear in life is when I die my wife sells my guns for what I told her I payed for them)

• Like 3

I have a feeling I may not get all her details either. She doesn't look in the gun safe and I don't look in the foot locker at the beds end. ( I have peaked and the purse collection is doing just fine ).

• Like 1

Amen! marriage is a partnership not an ownership, and binos are a little different then getting caught with your pants down!!! I got it easy with a couple brain surgeries for my eyes, and don't spend at the bar, she knows I need the expensive stuff, Zeiss, sawor's. So I get it. If it was a business she Would let me go for the overhead. forgiveness !!!!! Good dayi

Several years ago I had a Swarovski hookup and had just purchased my first pair of 10-42s using a small work bonus. That year my wife drew her first rifle bull tag and a friend of mine was out helping us. We were glassing Horse Knoll when my buddy starts asking about how to get the sweet deal while my wife is looking through my glasses. She didn't take her eyes off the glasses and said "I thought these work a lot better". She didn't get mad. Busted. We've all done it.

• Like 1