lancetkenyon

Big Thanks to .25-06 (Terry) for the New Hunting Pups

Terry,

Just want to give you a big thanks on the new family members. The two pups (GSP/Walker Coonhound mix) I picked up on Saturday will be great additions to the household/hunting seasons to come.

My wife and kid already are completely hooked. My two other dogs surprised me, as they responded completely opposite of what I thought. My older GSP (11 years), who I thought would totally ignore them, is like a proud new papa. He is very protective of them, and quite patient. He warmed right up to them from the minute I brought them home. My 4 year old GSP, who I thought would think he had two new pay toys was actually pretty shy with them. Avoiding them for the fist 24 hours completely, but is warming up to them quickly now.

The dark one is "Ruger".

The B&W is "Wesson" (like Smith & Wesson or Dan Wesson)

The ride home

20150620_120608_zps2hbmgzrn.jpg

20150620_123139_zpsm6ivlobu.jpg

The first 5 minutes

20150620_142437_zpsevgnsvlg.jpg

20150620_142442_zpsick15vw5.jpg

Instant buddies

20150620_143053_zpsmyhdhg6i.jpg

Chow time (those pups WOLF down the food)

20150620_190122_zpsr5w2chpd.jpg

"Playing dead"

20150620_195045_zpsavu3gvzj.jpg

Nap time (they do a LOT of this)

20150620_212411_zpspffzfkrx.jpg

20150621_134102_zpsmyahhj57.jpg

• Like 12

That's awesome, got to like pups...Looking good!

Sweet! Nothing like a 4 dog household. (we have 4 too.) Your pups fit right in!

A little introduction to dove. Gotta love the Eurasion invasion sometimes. Year round dove training/hunting. They need to learn the "soft mouth" though. They just don't want to let go yet. I think Terry might have slipped some Pitbull in the mix....

20150622_190436_zpsezcnoe3w.jpg

20150622_190840_zpss7jnqgvt.jpg

20150622_190832_zpsh7rkawzl.jpg

• Like 7

Good lookin pups for sure. They will bring you years of good memories and a few bad memories at the start. My lab chewed up the whole house as a pup. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Those are great additions to the menagerie! Looking forward to updates on them.

I am glad I get up at 3:30AM every day and am gone by 4:00. My wife called me this morning at 6:00AM (on her day off) and said the pups were raring to go at 5:00AM. Good training for my kid though, who has already gotten into her "summer schedule" of staying up until 2:00AM and sleeping until 10:00AM.

They figured out the dog door in about 24 hours, even though they really have to work at it to get in and out, as the door is set up for the big boys to clear their backs. It starts about 10" off the floor, so they have to stand up on their hind legs, hook their front paws, and pull themselves though. They are about 90% house broken already too. They go out by themselves to use the facilities and back in.

We just have to keep an eye on them when they are outside, because we have a family of five Harris Hawks that live in our front tree and hunt all around. Not sure if they would, but I think they definitely could take one of the pups home for lunch. The pups are a lot slower than the rabbits around my house. And I know the hawks get cats, because I have had numerous kitty legs in my front yard.

I think we misnamed them though. We should have named them Yin and Yang.

Asleep at my feet at my bar.

20150622_202334_zps7zubgvxr.jpg

• Like 4

Can't get enough of these two. :wub: Makes me want to go get one of my own. I will not let the wife see this. :)

TJ

• Like 1

I love puppies!

Got to love the 24 hour phase from the older pooch "I'm not sure what to think about you so I will just stand here and foam at the mouth" HAHA

• Like 1

I love puppies!

Got to love the 24 hour phase from the older pooch "I'm not sure what to think about you so I will just stand here and foam at the mouth" HAHA

You should have seen the other one! Looked like he chewed up a bottle of liquid bubbles. Kind of freaked ME out.

• Like 3

Right on Lance. Lana and I are glad the pups found a good home.

Great pics, great, great, great.

Here's ruger and wessons brother biscuit. He's doing his best helping his mom stretch out poor ol lucy. Lol

post-230-0-43773600-1435283729_thumb.jpg

• Like 2