Sign in to follow this  
eagle#eyes

looking for a new release

I'm looking to upgrade my release and have been looking at the Spot Hogg Wise guy as well as the Tru-Fire Hardcore Release Max. If anyone has any input or experience with these or any other release I should take a look at, let me know.

Thanks.

I have a Wiseguy for sale. I got it a month or so ago to try out. I just can't part with what I have been using for the last 10 yrs. I love Spot Hogg equipment though. I shot it great, but just prefer my Scott that I am used to.

What was it you preferred over the Spot Hogg? Was it just because you were more comfortable with 10 years of use or was there anything specific that makes/made your Scott more comfortable?

i love the wise guy, what you need to do is try it and see if you like it everyone is different what works for someone else might not work for you

i stopped by Ross Outdoors today briefly and shot the Spot Hogg. That's what i was told they all shoot and they prefer. I didn't have much time and wasn't able to compare it to anything, the trigger on it seemed light, to the point I wasn't sure if it was too light. I know the Tru-Fire you can adjust the tension, I was told you can adjust the Spot Hogg as well.

wise guy as well, I have 2, so I have a backup just in case. I liked the way they felt and the were long enough for my finger to feel comfortable.

That wiseguy or try a carter. If you want a UPgrade.

The Tru-Fire I had was terrible from day one and broke before I wore out a string.

Scott makes a great product and wore out a few strings with one.

I have had my best accuracy with T.R.U. BALL and now have 3 of them (1 handle style and 2 wrist). They have awesome customer service and can get you any size wrist strap if you need one.

Might have to try a Spot Hogg just for fun.