Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

muzzleloader supplys

I would say sportsman warehouse but they just lost me forever over screwing me over on a box of bullets. 30 bucks over a residual revenue morons. What are you looking for. Cabelas has clearance lots of muzzy stuff all the time. Scored lots of stuff from online cave for upwards 75% off

Sportsman will has triple 7. Never seen 45gr pellets tho. Bullets look online at cabelas, midway a few other places I'm forgetting. Mmp sabots are good too, load up 45cal 255gr lead slugs over 100gr pellets has been real accurate for me. Are you shooting sabots or powerbelts or straight lead

I have 200 grn sabot 50 cal right now. This will be my first ever shot taken with a muzzy so we will see how it shoots

I shoot t7 ffg and pr bullets. +1 on sportsmans for t7. And I really like the pr bullet. Shot a .3in group at 100yds

If you haven't shot the gun yet I would suggest blackhorn 209. It's oil based so it cleans with any solvent. My only beef with 777 is its water based meaning if there's humidity in the air it will take it in so any powder residue in your barrel will imbibe water and hold it which will cause rust. It also can vary in water content in the container or your speed loader by as much as 20%. If you've got s load for your gun with 777 then stick with it. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you were starting from scratch.

I may try some go x. I have a bunch for making blanks for mounted shooting. Would rather shoot pellets if it works. I have load data from previous owner so should be good. Thanks for the heads up.

Call Randalls. They stock some stuff for ML I believe.

I spent way too much time cleaning up while and after shooting triple 7 a few years ago. I have been shooting Blackhorn 209 for 4 years. I wouldn't use anything else at this point. It produces great accuracy for me and clean up is a breeze. I can shoot as many shots as I want, in a shooting session, without cleaning and notice no appreciable decline in accuracy. The other thing I like is I can see what is going on after a shot as opposed to waiting for a sulfurous cloud to clear.

Just my 2 cents.

Does that 209 come in pellets? It was suggested by many and I am leaning that way just would rather go pellets for ease of use.

+3 for the 209 loose powder. Way more consistent velocity and its much easier to find what load your muzzy likes. For bullets I would look no further than Harvester. They are made in the USA and have a variety of types for light skinned game (Scorpion PT Gold) up to Elk and thicker skinned game. They have a patented sabot that uses 50% less surface area so it loads much easier and leaves much less fouling behind while keeping a gas seal over the powder. You can order direct from them.

if you need extra parts like breech plugs, ramroads etc then I order off cheaper than dirt.

Does that 209 come in pellets? It was suggested by many and I am leaning that way just would rather go pellets for ease of use.

No it doesn't. It seems that pellets would be easier but in the field you're gonna want to carry speed loaders with you either way so you never will touch the powder be it loose or in pellets. I've heard people say that pellets can be more consistent because they are pre pressed and don't have variations with seating pressure but I guess I haven't found that to be true.