desertmafia21

Cecil the Lion

What are your thoughts on this controversy? Social media has gotten so many people fired up about this topic. Personally I have no problem with trophy hunting in Africa. There are a lot of facts missing in this story and I wish the truth would come out

The hunter paid good money to go on a legal lion hunt.

IF the lion (only IF) it was a local "pet", it should fall on the head of the PH with all of this bad publicity. Even though no laws were broken, the public eye should still be considered.

How a "pet" could get lured from a park that he's lived in for years is beyond me. If he left the park to go eat a dead animal, he doesn't sound like much of a pet to me.

IMHO

• Like 3

What facts are missing ?

He had a collar ... AT crossbow range they did not miss seeing the collar ... Pretty sure all involved were aware of what they were doing ... This is not the dentists first time breaking a law and he is not new to hunting Big Game in Africa ... I say give him a knife and drop him off with it in the middle of the Savanna

• Like 1

I would guess that guy has put more dollars toward the conservation of the african game he chases then any of the fair weather do gooders that are huffing and puffing about this. Doesn't make him ok if he was in on what happened. Possibly the PH's fault when he got hungry chasing a big tip. Couldn't care less either way.

Apparently this is also a much larger issue to facebook than the Iran deal.

• Like 9

Once again we get to hear from str8. Who's side are you on? Hunting, or Anti? I'm beginning to think you are a bleeding heart just trolling this site. I bet i know your next comment. It will have something to do with a law or rule that was broken. Blah blah blah

• Like 12

I've shot more then a few critters next to a national park/monument boundary as well as near golf courses etc. if it's a legal area to hunt I guess I don't see the problem. This has totally gotten spun out of context by the media making us all look bad. The fact that some of you are biting is what really scares me.

• Like 6

Once again we get to hear from str8. Who's side are you on? Hunting, or Anti? I'm beginning to think you are a bleeding heart just trolling this site. I bet i know your next comment. It will have something to do with a law or rule that was broken. Blah blah blah

I am on the side of Hunters being ethical and not making us all HUNTERS look bad... not breaking the rules and putting Hunting in jeopardy ... It is ILLEGAL IN AFRICA TO KILL COLLARED BIG GAME.... this is not a novice hunter at crossbow range on a cat that every picture and video shown up to weeks before anyone could easily see the collar breaking his mane and hanging below his neck ... You may not like laws/rules ( I do not like them all either) but when individuals choose to look the other way and break them it does have the potential to affect us all.

p.s. you probably believe Tom Brady had nothing to do with deflating balls

• Like 5

Now Jericho is going to kill Cecil's offspring and take over his Pride!!! It just gets worse... Seems like a great movie. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

I've shot more then a few critters next to a national park/monument boundary as well as near golf courses etc. if it's a legal area to hunt I guess I don't see the problem. This has totally gotten spun out of context by the media making us all look bad. The fact that some of you are biting is what really scares me.

NOT ME

Take care, Willie

• Like 3

Cat was taken on a concession bordering a park = Legal. Problem is, this concession did not have quota for a lion = not legal. The PH involved (Theo Bronkhorst) is not well thought of by some. This American hunter will take the brunt of the outrage being whipped up in the media and it could be he was aware of the situation. If so, he should be prosecuted by Zim authorities. Likely, he was duped by his safari operator.

• Like 2