hoghntr

22lr ammo

Sounds to me like they're just choking the supply to try to keep a shortage going in order to keep the price up. De beers did it with diamonds for almost a century. Oldest trick in the book!

Im just wondering how they order stock.. some systems do it as it is sold so if ammo is sat on it clearly would not replenish until those 22 rifles sold. but since some of same brand 22lr ammo popped up for sale on B.P. at bell & I-17 for $40 shortly after their stock came in im doubting we see the whole picture.

Im just wondering how they order stock.. some systems do it as it is sold so if ammo is sat on it clearly would not replenish until those 22 rifles sold. but since some of same brand 22lr ammo popped up for sale on B.P. at bell & I-17 for $40 shortly after their stock came in im doubting we see the whole picture.

Ooh that's not good

Mostly now on b.p. you just see guys bailing out of there 3,000-5,000 rnds they thought they were gonna get rich off of but still the ones happy with $8-$10 proffit per sale. good to hear on some of these replies guys have been finding some. im always willing to share some if I have a brick it will just cost ya $50 ;) L.O.L. heck I just cleaned out truck before I sold it and scored big in crevace of seets and under seets and in dust piles.. got quite a few 22lr gems in the dig, good thing I din't go on base or to Meheeco

I know Randalls has a ton of orders in with suppliers and they are all backordered. They are always just getting pieces of some backorder in as there stock from what Harlan was telling me. He said the UPS guy is like Santa because you never know what part of what backorder is showing up when he pulls up.

Sportsman's is prob better organized then that because they have alot more buying power and computer based corporate ordering, but I am sure there are some standing backorder issues with everyone.

I like sportsman but this kind of pisses me off. I'd like to more if you get any feedback.

If people would quit panicking, the problem of shortage will go away!

They panic, so they horde and take more than they really need. The word is that there is plenty more coming!

their system automatically orders stuff. they had a huge drum of 7.62 tracers sit arounf for a very long time. i laughed many times every week when i walked by it. they are shady, even up the ladder to HQ and customer service. I will never go there again, I rather pay Bruno's a little more than feed them anymore of my money. And even Brunos prices on many things are cheaper than sportsmanwarehouse! their customer service is horrible, they burned me on a couple boxes of projectiles even afterr committing to send the other half of my order to me!! They lost a customer and others for life over stupid 30 bucks. they didn't even bother to appologize or show any concern. Jenni Rigio and her team should be ashamed for their 22lr hoarding and poor customer service. Same thing probably happens with pistol powder. I've seen KEGS of pistol powder just laying out on the counter before, and the list is always void of any 8# of any pistol powder.

I like jenni and am rather suprised by this behavior I witnessed in her store and am intending to have a chat with her and make sure this is not just employees making their own rules. a retail stores objective is to sell merchandise. period..the...end.....

All companies have issues with the will of their employees being loaded into the day to day operation. It happens. Employees invent their own 'fringe benefits' or implement their own attitudes on things.

On the surface, the behavior of Sportsmans sounds irritating at best. But, it's got to be pretty hard to sell a .22lr firearm and not be able to sell the person the number of rounds they want for their new purchase. I would think it's common for a person who bought a new Ruger MKIII .22/45 to ask for 3,000 to 5,000 rounds with the gun without plans to hoard it. Sportsmans behavior could be a rational business decision when balancing how much they have tied up on .22lr firearm inventory/sales expectations and what the .22 ammo suppliers are telling them. The blanket policy, to keep employees from making one off decisions, could have most intelligently been set at something like "don't sell more than 10,000 .22lr rounds a week without a firearm sold with it." That gives clear instructions, avoids a bunch of personal decisions by low level employees, and meets corporate goals based on information none of know. In this case, as a consumer, we just don't know what the criteria of the decision was, just that we are screwed without buying a firearm.

Just trying to see it from a possible point of view they have and not trash a place that has treated me pretty well and usually had everything else I've wanted.

I have never in my years gone into a store and asked for anything over a brick no matter what I purchased. So the buy a gun and purchase equal dollar amount in ammo is actually quite far off.

But yes would be nice to offer customers 325rnds-550 rnds.

Hey, I've never bought a Mercedes on CW.com either......wait, maybe i did.

But, here's the scenario that made me do it a few years ago. I bought a .22lr pistol. I have 2 boys, their 2 friends, and me. We wanted to shoot it. A half day of shooting with them is 500 to 1,000 rounds. Then, I wanted to get proficient. That's several sessions of 20 clips/200 rounds. Then bring the boys out again, that another 500 to 1,000 rounds. I'm not a fan of running back and forth to the store each time only to find out there isn't any ammo. So, 3,000 to 5,000 is hardly a lot for a family.

Hey, I've never bought a Mercedes on CW.com either......wait, maybe i did.

But, here's the scenario that made me do it a few years ago. I bought a .22lr pistol. I have 2 boys, their 2 friends, and me. We wanted to shoot it. A half day of shooting with them is 500 to 1,000 rounds. Then, I wanted to get proficient. That's several sessions of 20 clips/200 rounds. Then bring the boys out again, that another 500 to 1,000 rounds. I'm not a fan of running back and forth to the store each time only to find out there isn't any ammo. So, 3,000 to 5,000 is hardly a lot for a family.

Understandable. maybe some day again soon that ammo might be made available to all. as of now looks like ya gotta buy a gun or know someone. Oh and I still wish I had kept mercedes for me. ;)

I had and still have a source for 22 ammo. Its a guy I work with and he doesn't have a 22 gun. He started buying 525 boxes years ago every week and stuck them in his trunk. He sells them to me for retail or trades me for loaded ammo. I asked him why he had 40 boxes of 22 and he didn't really know. He said he just did it. I'm sure there ar more like him and some making priffit as well but this is why the 22 thing is still going. My buddy working in new Mex has 8000 rnds stored in my safe and I have had them for 2 years, he showed up with more the other day and I said why and he said because they were there? Anyway this is what's happening. Simple minded buyers? This is the same guy who paid 2000.00 for a 700.oo dollar ar-15 because the ban was going to happen for sure. I bought that gun from him for 700.00 1 year later. Simple minds.

• Like 1

I had and still have a source for 22 ammo. Its a guy I work with and he doesn't have a 22 gun. He started buying 525 boxes years ago every week and stuck them in his trunk. He sells them to me for retail or trades me for loaded ammo. I asked him why he had 40 boxes of 22 and he didn't really know. He said he just did it. I'm sure there ar more like him and some making priffit as well but this is why the 22 thing is still going. My buddy working in new Mex has 8000 rnds stored in my safe and I have had them for 2 years, he showed up with more the other day and I said why and he said because they were there? Anyway this is what's happening. Simple minded buyers? This is the same guy who paid 2000.00 for a 700.oo dollar ar-15 because the ban was going to happen for sure. I bought that gun from him for 700.00 1 year later. Simple minds.

Yes, you are right. It's as simple as that. I don't envy the businesses trying to deal with the phenomena. And, you gave me a good chuckle with the term 'simple-minded buyers' being applied to your buddy. We all have those type of buddies! - and I may be one myself.

• Like 2