5nRamirez

27 south bighorn

So as some of you may know and not approve of our family was lucky enough to draw one of the two bighorn tags in the southern portion of 27. My brother drew the tag and decided to sign it over to his oldest son (12).we already took a quick trip up threw morenci to get a lay of the land and see what we got our selfs into. Unfortunately we didn't locate the sheep but marked a few starting points for next weekends more extensive backpacking trip.still thinking about hiring an outfitter for a drop camp when the time comes if anybody knows anything about the area or who to get ahold of please shoot me a p.m. me. Thank you for any and all help I have received so far and looking to update this thread periodically..

post-11517-0-82217600-1439522486_thumb.jpg

post-11517-0-41140200-1439522505_thumb.jpg

post-11517-0-99572500-1439522520_thumb.jpg

DC Outfitter's should be able to help you if you decide to go that route

Sheep are pretty abundant in 27 south. They are for the most part concentrated in one area, but there are a lot of them there. Don't get "Blue" over it. Wink wink

• Like 7

If you are looking into an Outfitter for a drop camp or more I'd suggest contacting Richie Hogan with Impact Trophy Hunts as I know he's helped out quite a few sheep hunters in that area.

Yes he has the 27S tag his dad signed it down to him since this is the 2 nd year he hasn't drawn a tag. I have been doing all the scouting and planning as he has his plate full but he has started shooting with his son on the weekends so that's a good start.we sure will accept any and all help on this hunt and thank you to everyone who has already contacted me.

So he went 2yrs without a tag , so signed it down, hack dad I haven't been drawn in 8 yrs for deer, I want a sheep tag. Oh ya I'm not in the entitlement generation.lol Hope he shots a stud. Good luck kiddo

• Like 1

He does also have a muzzy bull hunt to worry about so I'm gonna take his son up early for the opener and to him just being their with his son is good enough.

• Like 1