Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Best ballistic app

What ballistic phone apps are you all using? Any of them that stand out above the rest? I have used the "Bullet Flight" app for years, but it seems to be getting outdated and behind the times.

I'll have to look at those. any other suggestions? anyone?

I have good luck with Strelok Pro, but the guys above me are far more knowledgeable in that regard.

Shooter!

Strelok is good for fatory ammo and reticle hold overs

Shooter App is the best in my opinion!

BR2 rangefinder is the ultimate.........................

can somebody explain why one is better than the other or just preference, don't mean to hijack your thread Greyghost, but like to know why one is better than the other.i'm looking for the same thing.

Shooter allows you to load in your own parameters as well as using local updates if you have a signal for baro, alt, temp, etc. It will adjust for coriolis and spin drift. You can then tweak the muzzle velocity, POI, and drop at certain distances to customize bullet flight. Once in the field it has a built in inclinometer and dial for wind direction and speed. It sounds daunting but is pretty straight forward, then you can print a drop chart to put on your gun as a backup to using the app. You can download via email the info and go from Android to iOS as well.

iStrelok is very straight forward and works with your scopes reticle, factory ammo, and show you where to aim but in my opinion is probably best used inside of 500yds. I keep it on my phone to teach the kids about the reticle and help my buddies know what their holdovers are.

I looked at a bunch of other but it has been a few years and I know there are a couple of other good programs as well.

Give yourself a weekend to mess with any of them and learn the features. A little studying and patience in the beginning will make things pretty easy in the field. Once you get a load set and stick to it with your gun it will always be there ready to go. My go to rifle is dialed in on shooter and has now killed 5 coues, 3 muleys, and a bear in the last 3 years taken by 5 different hunters 250yds - 550yds all one and done. Killed some ferocious iron and rocks out to 1K also.

• Like 3

I have found Shooter to be much more accurate with the ability to correct velocity from actual drops at various distances, atmospheric conditions, etc. Plus the bullet library is enormous. I have made first round hits from 350 to 1500+, and second round hits at 1771 due to a missed wind call on my part.

Strelok Pro and the free version are great out to 600 or so, but the difference in actual drops further out start to grow with actual known drops.

• Like 3

:blink: :o ;) :ph34r:

1,771 Wow! I don't care if it was a 5th round hit that is a lllloooonnnngggggggg way out there!

In another 5-10 years 1000-1500 yard shots are going to be the norm. With the advancement in hunting technology long range shooting is becoming so easy, that almost anyone can do it. Not saying it's good or bad, just that it will become more sociably accepted and become the normal.

• Like 1