CJ Long range

Cell service help...

Hi all I'm in nutrioso a lot and am looking for a no contract phone that works well there. I have Verizon but that's a no go. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

good luck. that part o' the state is horrible for cell service. i think in nutri you still hafta crank the ringer a few times and tell the operator to hook ya up to ernie or fred or whoever else ya wanna talk to. Lark.

Verizon is the best as far as coverage in the backcountry. I have a Wilson booster in my truck and it works pretty good. I get emails where some don't get text or calls. Worth a look.

• Like 1

+1 on Wilson, had the high dollar one and now have this one. Use it a bunch in the White Mountains.

Wilson - Sleek 4G - Antenna signal amplifier/charger/holder

That cell tower in nutri should be getting a verizon lease on it pretty soon I've "heard". I think it's cellular one right now.....

whoa. how far of a signal does the wilson booster attenuate. In town I find its a mix of vzw, tmobile, att. depedning where and how deep in a building i am has the best signal but out in the sticks. vzw hands down. at least getting 1x or 3g is good enough for making a call or pulling down a map.

There is a cell tower at the fire house in Nutri, I think it is part of the Sprint network, but know that TMobil works well. Version keeps saying they are adding their own equipment to the tower, but no action yet.

whoa. how far of a signal does the wilson booster attenuate. In town I find its a mix of vzw, tmobile, att. depedning where and how deep in a building i am has the best signal but out in the sticks. vzw hands down. at least getting 1x or 3g is good enough for making a call or pulling down a map.

Not sure on that cause I'm not much of a techie. I can be in the northern part of 10 all over the strip and kiabab and many other "dead" zones and get some form of service. Perfect.... No. But most ridge tops and spots where signal should be able to reach I get service with the booster. Im not gonna say 100% but it does work and with my work and family and such it is definitely worth the $300.

There are many different ones. They have the high dollar for your truck that work if you are within 50 ft or so. I had the high dollar one that you used a tab to velcro to the phone. Got the $100 cradle, you use in the truck and put your phone in the cradle. The cradle one works just as good and the others.

If I had the money I would get the new style so anyone in the immediate area could use it.

• Like 1

I have the Wilson Electronics 460106 Sleek. Must have at least one bar for it to work but turns one bar into at least three most of the time.