Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

i got caught red handed

Nope, do you believe everything read on the internet, then read the law its all there.

Sooooo according to game and fish, it has to be manufactured specifically for cattle correct? Which a trophy rock says its for deer...

Can you use the other products in the off-season for getting animals on trail cams, etc? Or, is it illegal to set out any bait/lure other than livestock-type, for any reason?

Is there a limit to the number of days before a hunt that you can set the bait/lure out?

Even if you aren't hunting directly over it, but hunting in the "general area" of the bait, to me, would be considered aiding in the taking of big game.

Attracting Wildlife with Unlawful Measures

(R12-4-303 A 2 c) Page 126 Using any lure, attractant, or cover scent containing any cervid (deer) urine to take wildlife is unlawful.

R12-4-303 4, page 126 Using edible or ingestible substances, other than water or salt/mineral products produced for the livestock industry, to aid in the taking of big game is unlawful.

Was this salt next to a black water pot? Gray camera?

Can you use the other products in the off-season for getting animals on trail cams, etc? Or, is it illegal to set out any bait/lure other than livestock-type, for any reason?

Is there a limit to the number of days before a hunt that you can set the bait/lure out?

Even if you aren't hunting directly over it, but hunting in the "general area" of the bait, to me, would be considered aiding in the taking of big game.

Attracting Wildlife with Unlawful Measures

(R12-4-303 A 2 c) Page 126 Using any lure, attractant, or cover scent containing any cervid (deer) urine to take wildlife is unlawful.

R12-4-303 4, page 126 Using edible or ingestible substances, other than water or salt/mineral products produced for the livestock industry, to aid in the taking of big game is unlawful.

For what it's worth- I called F&G and they said baiting at anytime, other than salt and water would be against the rules. I asked the whole "what about just to take pics" and they shot it down.

• Like 1

Come on guys the block is for the cattle, not the deer,,,, hello

• Like 1

I'm with you guys that trophy rock should be legal since it's salt but here is a response from a G$F officer on a Facebook page that's saying trophy rock is illegal. I blacked out the name.

post-4673-0-22616800-1505950344_thumb.png

• Like 1