Non-Typical Solutions

Toyota Tundra

gas mileage is poor but I make up for it with ZERO repair bills.

I would completely agree. Bought one in February and have loved it so far but it does suck the gas. I owned a Tacoma for years and never had any issues with it for 200k miles. Had two different for F150s after the Tacoma and both had engine issues and poor customer service for both. Went back to Toyota this time.

Car manufacturers react to consumers crying for more horsepower which comes at the expense of mileage. The BTU properties of gasoline doesn't change and it all comes down to CC's.

^^^ that's freakin funny right there!!!!! That was a joke.......right???????

• Like 1

does it say "chevrolet" on it? cuz if it doesnt, its not a real truck.

no it doesn't say "Chevrolet"..... entitled American car company bailed out on the American Tax Payer dollar...

• Like 2

a lifted 2 wheel drive Toyota? don't forget to get your rainbow sticker for it.

no jackwod.. just because I did not list every option... Its a 4x4,....

prior to purchasing a truck I stooped by a well known 4x4 shop to ask how much lifts cost, etc..since they spend all day under trucks, I wanted to know what was there opinion was on how new trucks where built.... "the tundra are built very well, they are like a 3/4 ton chevy" called another shop got the same answer

calm down bro. is it your ad? i thought you were buying a truck not selling it. the seller didnt list it as 4x4 that i saw.

no it doesn't say "Chevrolet"..... entitled American car company bailed out on the American Tax Payer dollar...

prior to purchasing a truck I stooped by a well known 4x4 shop to ask how much lifts cost, etc..since they spend all day under trucks, I wanted to know what was there opinion was on how new trucks where built.... "the tundra are built very well, they are like a 3/4 ton chevy" called another shop got the same answer

So Chevy must be pretty good then? I mean if a Toyota is built like them.... :D

So Chevy must be pretty good then? I mean if a Toyota is built like them.... :D

3/4 vs 1/2 ton.....sorry i will not buy another bailed out American car... even thought I still own a 01... will not buy another. Ford or Toyota

• Like 1

calm down bro. is it your ad? i thought you were buying a truck not selling it. the seller didnt list it as 4x4 that i saw.

my bad...sorry

Good deal, but you are better off getting a newer one with the 6 speed auto. I think 2012 or 13 is when the 6 speed came out. Mine gets 16-17 MPG on highway with the 6 speed. I have it leveled with 33" Toyo ATs. IMO that's not bad mileage in a truck with awesome power. The 5.7 motor is an absolute beast.

• Like 1

Is there a chip/tune out that can increase the mileage? Really no need for so many horses all the time. Since we have gotten used to $3-$4 a gallon gas the manufacturers are in a race to jack up the HP and torque to ridiculous levels when the focus should really be on fuel efficiency. There are plenty of innovative companies finding ways to get the increased performance if someone really wants or needs it.

I went with the 4.7L. It was $3k less than the 5.7L.

I don't haul a trailer so there was no need for the testosterone booster just driving around town or up the mountains, out to the desert, etc.