bobbyo

I am sick and tired of hearing about your elk tag!

Ok I am over my bitterness. I realize that I am not the only one who will not go elk hunting this year :( . You lucky guys that have a tag I hope you shoot a monster. :rolleyes: Also please let us all know about your good fortune in every single post. All those other poor souls with 8,9 or more bonus points; next year will be your year. Hunting coues (4 tags in a row) I can't really say how I trully feel on this sight. Your taxidermist must be a happy guy. Reminds me of a joke. You know you are a redneck when your taxidermy bill is more than your rent.

Bob

11 BP for me, but that's OK because I didn't want to draw a tag this year with the below average antler growth anyway :P

It is getting old, but congrats to all who drew. I'll probably be assisting on an early rifle bull tag in unit 9, so I'm sure I'll have pics and all the excitement but without getting bloody!

11 BP for me, but that's OK because I didn't want to draw a tag this year with the below average antler growth anyway :P

It is getting old, but congrats to all who drew. I'll probably be assisting on an early rifle bull tag in unit 9, so I'm sure I'll have pics and all the excitement but without getting bloody!

Below average growth :(

Guess I will just stay home then :unsure:

NOT :lol: :P :lol:

Below average growth :(

Guess I will just stay home then :unsure:

NOT :lol: :P :lol:

Below average growth? Who is this maskman :ph34r: doing all the measuring? THAT'S THE JOB I WANT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are always welcome to come up on a 7W archery bull tag :ph34r:

I was going to send in a pic of my archery Bull Squirrel tag but I had to get so close it wasn't clear. I have struck out in az,ut, and nm. this year and last and the one before, hmm is this a pattern.

I feel your pain.

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Maybe they should have squirrel tags so some people can feel good about drawing something! I haven't gotten a tag in three years and finally got one this year, I must say it feels pretty good HAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :ph34r: :blink:

Don't worry dude. Let the fact that the antler growth is way down due to the drought ease your troubled mind ;)

Take for instance this bull.... It is hard to see in this picture but I think it is safe to say that he doesn't score 15" past 370 gross. (I have glassed him extensively)

And it is already almost time to shed velvet. He only has two months to grow these poor pitiful antlers :(

So lets just see..... Lets call him a safe and droughted 370" right now. I took this picture last week and I feel he will shed his velvet about Sep 10th. So that is only about 79 days of growth left. Dang that sucks! <_< Some say they will grow 1" per day=370+79 :( but with this bad drought I really doubt that he will grow more than a half inch a day. :(

Too bad I didn't draw a tag for that unit. But my buddy did, and my other buddy did and then we have four clients for that unit so I guess that will have to do <_<

Take care and keep your chin up! :P

Lance

(PS. corection, I mean Aug 10 and 50 days from the time of the picture :lol:)

post-669-1182879544.jpg

Yes, let's stop talking about elk tags.

Let's talk about my unit 18A muzzleloader ANTELOPE TAG!

:P

That should be a slam dunk ;)

At least you should harvest a 90 incher :unsure:

Lance you must have some sneaky bulls and tricky spots to have bulls that grow all the way to september 10, the only bull I know of that is not hard horn by that time is possibly a spike. A normal mature elk will be hard horned by August 10-15 unless he is taking those magic beans your elk is taking. :lol: On the best of moisture years that bull won't go 450" when done growing at 1" a day, and on a bad year like this that bull will not go 410" at a 1/2" a day giving that it is 370" now.

It will be a good year for all with that coveted elk tag, but the 380" plus bulls will be far and few between just like last year. 2002 was very similar to what we are seeing this year, and as we all remember finding a bull with a 50" plus beam was quite a challenge. These bulls will show signs of drought on the top end and mass.

The important part is to enjoy your elk hunt and not worry about what the growth will be this year to last year or any year. Leave your ego's at home and have fun. It may be another 10-15 years before your next tag.

Jason

That should be a slam dunk ;)

At least you should harvest a 90 incher :unsure:

JINX!