Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Video of Natives Hunting With Spears

tim wells is like my favorite right now, that dude is a killing machine

Is that the guy that fell on his spear? that was a nasty video. :wacko:

i think his spear fell from the tree and hit him in the leg, could have killed him so easy. he's got some cool archery vids too

i think his spear fell from the tree and hit him in the leg, could have killed him so easy. he's got some cool archery vids too

Yeah thats how it was. Scary situation! Im not sure I have the stones to stay as calm as he was just waiting for the ph to come back and get him. although i guess you really never know what you'll do until you're there.

Wow that poor hippo! That is like being killed using a sewing needle and being poked to death.

Seriously though... The skill you must possess to be at a full sprint and calculate the necessary lead for a critter running full tilt and still connect with a perfectly chucked spear is pretty awesome. They sure do get off a volley though. Lots of spears in the air.

Also of note, it would be much easy to find your "arrow" after a miss.

The californian hippies should ban spear chucking.

The mans gotta eat!!!!

It's a shame the videographer didn't show closeups of those spears. They are made using primitive forges from any scrap of any metal the local "blacksmith" can find, and shaped by pounding the white-hot metal on rocks because few have anvils.

I brought two of them, as well as an axe made from a car spring and a hardwood root, home from Zambia many years ago. Every time I look at them I am amazed at how anyone could make such effective killing tools from virtually nothing.

Lots of shops in Africa sell replica spears to tourists, but they are made to sell to unknowing folks, and not to kill. They are nothing like the real thing.

Just holding one of my spears makes me want to take it hunting.

Bill Quimby

It's a shame the videographer didn't show closeups of those spears. They are made using primitive forges from any scrap of any metal the local "blacksmith" can find, and shaped by pounding the white-hot metal on rocks because few have anvils.

I brought two of them, as well as an axe made from a car spring and a hardwood root, home from Zambia many years ago. Every time I look at them I am amazed at how anyone could make such effective killing tools from virtually nothing.

Lots of shops in Africa sell replica spears to tourists, but they are made to sell to unknowing folks, and not to kill. They are nothing like the real thing.

Bill Quimby

I wouldn't even mind having a poverty spear, just for the conversation piece in my house lol. I saw this one

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA7HJ39M5860&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile-_-pla-_-Anchoring+Accessories-_-9SIA7HJ39M5860&gclid=CLqkrKv98ccCFYeBfgodlfECaA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Bill Quimby

Let's see pics...