Sign in to follow this  
Titanium700

Where's the elk in 2b?

Wish I could help any guy on here (who's been on here awhile.) but I have no clue!!!! Although your bein an "E-scouter" your not! You've been here long enough for an honest answer but I just don't have one, sorry.

That is a tough tough hunt this year. I work in 2b. With all the water we've had they elk are spread out. Try down near the river, just south of the prison.

That's ok guys.

Thanks for the replies.

I talked to a local and he gave me a few places to check first one I checked I got a zero.

Got 2 more places to check and keep trudging on.

• Like 1

That's ok guys.

Thanks for the replies.

I talked to a local and he gave me a few places to check first one I checked I got a zero.

Got 2 more places to check and keep trudging on.

good luck i hope you get one

Thank you.

I don't have a tag my 12 yr old son does and it's his first hunt.

I believe he'll get one but we might have to work for it.

Thanks all.

Hope you guys don't think I'm E-scouting I just want my boy to experience an elk kill.

I have a cow tag for 2B and had a small herd patterned a week before the hunt. Went out the night before the season and found muzzleloader antelope hunters on ATVs had run them out of the country.

Haven't seen an elk since then.

If you don't mind crowds, try the juniper thickets in the extreme southeast corner of the unit along the New Mexico border. It has most of the elk in the unit, but it's also where everyone and his brother hunts.

This unit is aptly named a "limited opportunity" hunt. It has elk, but not many, and (as you've learned) they are hard to find.

Bill Quimby

• Like 1