Thanks for the replies. My case prep is good. I load for several other rifles and most all are moa or better some with factory barrels. I blame the gun because like Lark, I can hit anything!!! Joking but really I'm not a bad shot. I'm cleaning copper tonight and actually haven't done that since I got this gun. I'm gonna try one or two other powders and read the betgers bullet length from the lands setup. After that I'll mess with the scope and crown if need be. Thanks for the input.

I know my post doesn't help with your issue, but I have seen a few posts on here recently about the same problems with Remington. I wouldn't let someone pay me to use a Remington after the last pos rifle I picked up.

2v7tp8w.gif

• Like 1

Do you plan to compete in benchrest shooting matches or will you be hunting one of Arizona's ten big game species? 1.5-inch groups won't get you a plaque or a brass trophy, but they can consistently send you home with horns, hides and meat. Half-minute-of-angle or less isn't needed unless you think you might want to shoot at game at ridiculously long distances. In that case, pretend you're a bowhunter and get closer. Literally tons of game have been killed with iron-sighted .30-30 carbines that may or may not produce three-inch groups.

Bill Quimby

• Like 3

It's nice to hear that after you said that you have a very old burned out rifle/barrel people still giving you great advice to fix the problem and the rest of us take advantage of this to learn from others :) I'm sure it does not have anything to do with the brand of the rifle either but any way, good luck and keep us posted.

scrubbing the bore should have been the FIRST thing you did. Do yourself a favor, pick up jb bore paste and use it and barnes cr10.

• Like 2

Do you plan to compete in benchrest shooting matches or will you be hunting one of Arizona's ten big game species? 1.5-inch groups won't get you a plaque or a brass trophy, but they can consistently send you home with horns, hides and meat. Half-minute-of-angle or less isn't needed unless you think you might want to shoot at game at ridiculously long distances. In that case, pretend you're a bowhunter and get closer. Literally tons of game have been killed with iron-sighted .30-30 carbines that may or may not produce three-inch groups.

Bill Quimby

honestly bill I have a few other hunting rifles that shoot better even if they don't need to. I'm not looking to do anything with it other than get it to shoot better. I like playing with guns and accuracy and this paticular gun is messing with me. My 1963 Winchester 30-06 shoots clovers even though it's had thousands of rounds thru it. Being that they have been mostly cast lead doesn't hurt the fact. This gun is just an irritant that I want to make better.

scrubbing the bore should have been the FIRST thing you did. Do yourself a favor, pick up jb bore paste and use it and barnes cr10.

I've had bad luck cleaning copper on older guns before, one in particular took about 30 rounds of good military ammo to bring it back to shooting a 3" group! after copper cleaning it opened up to just over a foot. I wiped copper in this 7mm last night, wasn't real bad so hopefully it'll shoot when I get to take it out again Sunday.

I am sure you have done this but really check out the scope, bases, and screws and make sure they are all tight preferably torqued to the right specs with the correct tool.

Then scrub the piss out of it!

this sounds more and more like throat erosion. just starting to go away. i've shot out several over the years and they just all the sudden won't group anymore. once they get to that point it seems like they get worse every shot. Lark

It's nice to hear that after you said that you have a very old burned out rifle/barrel people still giving you great advice to fix the problem and the rest of us take advantage of this to learn from others :) I'm sure it does not have anything to do with the brand of the rifle either but any way, good luck and keep us posted.

Where was it ever said the barrel was infact burned up? Maybe it is, but thats an expensive guess. I would confirm it with a bore scope before dropping the money on a new barrel.