Sign in to follow this  
MARV

"Big game" hunting

Note to readers: this story may or may not be featured in the next issue of Trophy Hunter Magazine...

Well, it was a long, hard hunt (10 minutes long) but well worth it (not really)! The weather didn't cooperate & made stalking difficult, but I was able to sneak up on this bruiser & catch him in the draw he was hiding in (he ran across the road). I aimed & squeezed the trigger of my .22cal hand cannon & he tumbled right over... a good clean kill. I choose to use the .22cal for its managable recoil and quick handling. What a beautiful trophy!

post-1880-1183068186_thumb.jpg

This is what happens when deer scouting gets slow.

You should be carrying something a little larger than a .22 at least a .44 if nota .500 for such large game :D

Marv, That critter still looks alive to me, are you sure he aint just playin dead.... ;)

Marv,

Welcome to the site. Bunny loins on the barbie sure taste good. Will your possible article include your favorite recipe?

Doug~RR

Marv,

Welcome to the site. Bunny loins on the barbie sure taste good. Will your possible article include your favorite recipe?

Doug~RR

Thanks RR. The elaborate recipie featured in the article will probably involve a crock pot... my default for all things wild. I'm gonna need a pile of 'em first though... which may take awhile. I may have to enlist some family members & friends to help gather "cotton".

I like chasin jack rabbits with my 40, but it is also fun to take them with the Mathews! If I ever get a day off, I'm gonna run down there and take some shots at some jacks!

GREAT job

Im sure TJHUNT2 will think that is a true trophy because he loves the taste of wabbit :P

Mike

Yes Mike, you're right! Not quite as good as pig but it ranks right up there. WOW, will you look at the size of them there ears. Anyone have any idea of what it might score? Thataboy Marv and don't dare tell anyone on here where your honey hole is. Congratulations on a fine looking animal. :lol: :lol:

Yeah sure, a trophy like that had to have been poached, I think he spotlighted it!! That are added some ear extensions. Geez the things some guys will do for money!! :lol: :lol: ag

GREAT job

Im sure TJHUNT2 will think that is a true trophy because he loves the taste of wabbit :P

Mike

Yes Mike, you're right! Not quite as good as pig but it ranks right up there. WOW, will you look at the size of them there ears. Anyone have any idea of what it might score? Thataboy Marv and don't dare tell anyone on here where your honey hole is. Congratulations on a fine looking animal. :lol: :lol:

Score? With a spread like that it's definately the new pending world record.

Just takes time to hear back from pope and bunny.

Marv,

How far was the shot?

Nice handgun btw. Is it a Ruger or Browning?

The shot was a fur piece... about 12yds. I really had to lob it in there. The handgun is one of those high quality Rugers.

GREAT job

Mike

Thanks tjhunt2. Green score is .118"! Truly a once in a lifetime whitetail!

what is the purpose of killing a rabbit if you dont mind me asking? they a small and harmless, they dont taste good and most of the time you dont eat them any way, there arnt to many of them... i dont get it, please someone enlighten me.

what is the purpose of killing a rabbit if you dont mind me asking? they a small and harmless, they dont taste good and most of the time you dont eat them any way, there arnt to many of them... i dont get it, please someone enlighten me.

I grew up rabbit hunting back in Ohio when I was growing up. We raised beagles and it was a tradition of ours to have a hunt among all the boys and men in the family before every Thanksgiving dinner while the girls cooked. Since moving to Arizona I haven't shot very many but they all delicious. You might not think there are many but they come in cycles. When they get over populated in an area they die off with ( I forgot the term) and then remultiply again like rabbits.

Fact#1...there are many

Fact#2...yes they are small and harmless

Fact#3...they taste good

I for one don't shoot anything I won't eat. I can understand your feelings quite well. They are cute but so is a deer and elk.

TJ