Sign in to follow this  
az-6.5-284

Question size of bull elk

Yes, a few years back at maverick camp while hunting the white mountain rez.

That is an absolute beast! Big o'l 5x5's are very impressive. I'd take one in a heartbeat although I've never really seen one.

There was a bull in Nevada we chased that was a giant 5x5. The year my dad had the tag his sheds went 405. We saw him once that year during season but couldn't get it done. He was killed a few years later when he was going downhill, went 380ish. 31" 3rds. They did a Kings calendar with his 405 sheds.

• Like 1

Has there been any 5x5 bull over 370" in Arizona before

Wife has a shed of one from here in AZ. I will send you a PM of it when i get back up to cabin tomorrow

• Like 1

That 5×5 genetic used to be in 5b and 9. The biggest I know from this state is a huge 380+ set out 5b, I think they weighed nearly 15 lbs a piece. Not sure if that bull was ever killed. Congrats on your huge bull by the way!

I have no doubts that 350+ 5x5 bulls are around - so a 370 isn't out of line at all

several units around the state that often produce huge 5x5 racks

I saw one taken out of unit 1 about 10 years ago. It was taken during the early muzzy hunt. The thing is a beast! I really think that was all he was ever gonna be, genetically he was.just a 5 point. I personally have always thought a great big 5 point is an awesome looking animal. I was hunting with the guys brother and his brother shot a nice 6 point, can't remember the score, but the 5X was so much more impressive looking. Oh ya, the guy that shot the bull was using my muzzy so in a way I kinda, sorta,took that bull :)