cactusjack

Camp Navajo strikes again.

Was informed today that my hunt (archery cow tag) that was supposed to open this Friday has been canceled. Something about needs of the military. .,blah blah blah. The captain in charge was very apologetic and is working with game and fish to see if it can be rescheduled. This is why I don't put in for the main draw on the post.

Right off their site

"Due to mission requirements, hunting dates may be canceled, hunting areas may be minimized and/or hunting may be closed temporarily with little, to no notice. In the event a hunt is canceled, hunters drawn for these permits shall not be reimbursed or otherwise compensated by the Arizona Game and Fish Department or Camp Navajo."

Buyer beware!

148.00 AZGFD

55.00 Elk tag on Navajo

5.00 extra fee

all gone.

Over the counter Colorado is looking cheaper by the day.

No bonus points will be returned. Game and Fish policy. However this isnt an issue on this hunt. I learned my lesson years ago when my hunt was torn up by 6 tornadoes up there. And they kinda did the same thing. I only buy from the Left Over tags. And depending on what happens with rescheduling it, possibly never again.

If it was not made aware to you before you put in for it, then you have a reason to bitch.

I definitely get it though, anticipation leading up, preparing, Google Earth scouting, just for them to say hunts been canceled. Bummer fo sho. No meat in the freezer this year.

• Like 1

Rage, I agree. However it is on their hunting website. Says the same thing on AZGFD site.

Im pretty sure the same thing applies to all hunts all over the state. If a forest is closed, so is your hunt. No butts, no cuts, no coconuts. or refunds or replacement of points.

Looking for the ARS right now. Looking for the part of the cancellation without compensation. I had a tag in Unit 27 the year of the Wallow Fire. We were unsure if we would be allowed to hunt. We were allowed to in limited areas. ( I should have canceled due to how awful the hunt was.)

R12-4-801 -

The Department may restrict public access to and public use of
wildlife areas and the resources of wildlife areas for up to 90
days when necessary to protect property, ensure public safety,
or to ensure maximum benefits to wildlife. Closures or restric-
tions exceeding 90 days shall require Commission approval.

E-mail I received from AZGFD today....wonder if it's related to your issue...

Oct. 15, 2015
PHOENIX – A public meeting of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission will be conducted tomorrow (Friday, Oct. 16) at the Arizona Game and Fish Department, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix. The meeting will begin at 10 a.m.

The commission will consider the following agenda items:
  • A cooperative agreement renewal at the Lower San Pedro River Wildlife Area.
  • A proposal to approve the extension of season dates for two Camp Navajo general antlerless elk hunts.
Commission members will attend either in person or by telephone conference call. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person, or view the meeting at http://www.azgfd.gov/inside_azgfd/CommissionCam.shtml.

Members of the public who wish to speak on an agenda item must be present at the meeting.

Man Steve, im sure sorry to hear this. I've been thinking about that tag myself, it's been sense 2010 that I was drawn for Elk. Guess I don't think I want to take the chance. Like you If im not drawn next year im looking at either Colorado or Montana OTC.

Note to self.... NEVER Put in w/CactusJack!!!

Just kiddin bro- sry you got screwed... And Im serious about that!!! Colorado sounds good

• Like 2

Even if it is rescheduled, it is an archery cow hunt. October is way better then a late November hunt. I had my schedule fixed for this weekend too. It's not always easy to get time set up when you have a big family.