Sign in to follow this  
CouesPursuit

In Camp Drinking Beer Right Now

one of those looks like a freakin monster non-typical spike, maybe even a 2x1? Am I correct? Great 1st deer for both of those guys!! Anyone who has killed a whitetail in this state is a stud in my book! Convinced that the Couse WT is THE toughest big game animal to hunt in the country! AZ huntin' is no place for sissy's, a true accomplishment!! Congrats fellas!!

• Like 1

Thank you for the nice words antlers1972 and everyone else again too.

It looks to me like the one spike was going to be a knife and fork and he may have damaged it in velvet.

post-3844-0-17652600-1445663877_thumb.jpg

Went out and took a closer look yesterday at the sparring bucks we were relocating for opening morning. We heard them again yesterday bashing on the hillside before light. Ended up sneaking into 187 yards on this guy, a fork, and what looked like a much wider buck who wasn't as photogenic and kept out of sight once the sun and camera came out. Watched him for 2 hours at that distance and into bed before we headed home. Can't wait for next year.

post-3844-0-50000300-1445781784_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I understand how the process works, thanks Str8Shot. It's not him specifically that makes me so excited for next year already.

Guest akaspecials

I think the best part of this is that CouesPursuit took time out of his schedule to help two new adult hunters kill their first bucks! Props on helping to bring new folks into our hunting community!

Congrats to the new hunters. The coues bug has got you!! Great to see new hunters in the field. My son has tag next month so do I in 33.

• Like 1

Hunted hard early and sitting in camp again, brother did it at 350 yards on his second and personal best coues. Good luck everyone out there this weekend!

post-3844-0-39145500-1477088410_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Congratulations to the new hunters and their mentors, good job!

• Like 1