Sign in to follow this  
benbhunter

first coues buck unit 21

Harvested this guy on opening day in unit 21. My first coues to boot. My buddy Daniel DBarcher another member of the forum spotted him about a mile away at around 11:30 so we put him to bed and I started the stalk while my partner stayed behind to keep an eye on him and let me know if he moved. I had to go up and over 3 ridges. Took 2 hrs to get to him. I finally got to where I would have a 300yd shot. A cow elk and 2 calfs walked next to him and he jumped outa bed not 15min after I got set up. I let one fly and he went butt over end. I got him all quartered up and started to hike out solo. My buddy had to go to garth brooks concert with his wife so I was on my own. I had to go up and down 3 big ridges to get to road and drop pack so I could drive truck to my pack on road. Started from kill sight at 430 pm and didn't get back to camp till 1230. Oh I also ran outa water around 6pm so I was hurting. One of the hardest things I've done but God gave me the strength and safety to get through it. Can't wait till next year.

post-13272-0-11296000-1445819263_thumb.jpg

post-13272-0-18490000-1445819310_thumb.jpg

post-13272-0-35868700-1445819622_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Nice work! Our crew took two cow elk out of there last week and will be back for mulies on the 6th. From now on I would say Garth Brookes SUCKS! :)

Wait to get it done. Congrats that's some serious pack out without water for 6 hrs. Hope you have some good eating

SUPER!! CONGRATS ON YOUR NICE BUCK!!

Sounds like a brutal pack out but congratulations on a nice buck!

Sorry guys looks like my pictures got flipped putting them in. Not sure how to fix.

nice job on the buck.

packing out anything in 21 is brutal let alone in the dark with no water! those freekin rocks SUCK!

on the pics you have to rotate them on your computer and save them so they post right side up..

James