Sign in to follow this  
Bisbee

Getting ready to leave for unit 7

I woke up and couldn't sleep. I have some work to finish this morning then I leave for unit 7. My hunt starts tomorrow.

As I am browsing CouesWhitetail. com, I hear a noise in my yard. I turned on the light and went out to see and there is a 4x5 mulie buck eating leaves out of my apricot tree 20 feet away! I talked low to him and he stayed right there. Finally I stepped out into the light and he ran. I hope that his relatives in northern Arizona are as cooperative.

Bisbee

• Like 1

I woke up and couldn't sleep. I have some work to finish this morning then I leave for unit 7. My hunt starts tomorrow.

As I am browsing CouesWhitetail. com, I hear a noise in my yard. I turned on the light and went out to see and there is a 4x5 mulie buck eating leaves out of my apricot tree 20 feet away! I talked low to him and he stayed right there. Finally I stepped out into the light and he ran. I hope that his relatives in northern Arizona are as cooperative.

Bisbee

Pix or it didn't happen, lol j/k

Good Luck on the hunt. I know 7 is a big unit but 1025 tags seem to be a bit much. I also have the 7w late bull elk tag. I'm going up Saturday to check my trail cameras.

I have the same tag. If I can find a patch if ground without hunters in it I will be happy. Way to many tags this year

Thanks guys,

Me and my brother are also drawn for bull elk in late Nov. in 7w

Bisbee

I will be up there in November too for Taylor's second bull tag in consecutive years. Look for a big black crew cab F250, and say "Hi" if you see me.

• Like 2