Guest 300ultramag.

turd furgeson at work

Guest 300ultramag.

I would like some input from the masses on a situaion that took place at my work place, any advice is appreciated.

I work with a guy that made up a lie about me a few mos. ago (along with his buddy) long story short I proved both of them to have made up this lie/story about me to HR and it was investigated and found to be be false and manufactured between the two of them.

Im not in the business of getting people fired so I just wanted my name cleared. No harm no foul..

Fast forward 7 months and Turd Furguson got a promotion and is now my boss.Slated to take affect by Dec. 1st.

I am not a flight kind of guy but no good can come from working under this guy am I right? So do I move on or grind it out. Knowing the potential of another incident could give me a mark on my file. Ive been there for nearly 5 years and have recieved the maximum annual raise ever since I have been employed.

Thoughts?

Lastlym Any body have any job leads? Im open to all things. Have a degree and not afraid of a hard days work.

Transfer departments? Having no clue what industry you are in, and what the company is like, best advice I can offer right now.

I am shocked HR would let this happen with the history between you two. He might make your life heck, but there are laws against retaliation by him. Not that they will help unless he is a moron and gets caught (which sounds totally possible with the previous incident).

• Like 1

Change departments? Over the years have you met and made connections with people working for you competitors? Sometimes in corporate America d-bags get dirt on people up the food chain and use that to move up.

So HR caught this guy trying to get you fired by spreading lies yet he is not only allowed to stay on he is actually promoted?

That is messed up. I would say something

• Like 2

What industry are you in? I was with Motorola and GE for a long time before taking the leap and starting my own business. I saw this type of thing happen from time to time. If you are trying to stay on then I would make sure you are covering your rear. It can definitely make working there much less enjoyable.

I agree figure out a way to make a change and report to someone else. After having a world class "bad boss" or two I can tell you choosing a good boss is one of the most important things you can do.

This may be messed up but I have seen it quite a bit, usually nepotism or promotion of a buddy by someone else.

Also start looking for new opportunities and make it a part of your career. I have been at my current job for 15 years but still talk to people about potential opportunities and occasionally go through the interview process. It sounds backwards but I really believe it makes you a better employee. The grass usually ain't greener, you learn about other companies orgs and processes, and you have a different perspective on your own work and its importance.

Good luck!

A note book with dates and times is your best friend. Recording (video or voice too but may not be legal?) I had a boss fired for talking to a fellow employee disrespectfully. The employee didn't want to stand up for himself since he was new. The boss was an idiot and a new transfer.i talked to the higher ups before going to HR and told then if nothing was done it would be reported. The idiot got his walking papers and we all got a much better boss. Won't work for everyone but speaking your mind is easy. Hard part is the consequences. Luckily I'm in a job that's easy to find employment. Good luck to you.

If it was such a big deal that there needed to be an HR investigation, and the investigation went that far you really should have pursued termination.

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

Blanket party! Haven't heard that term in a while.

Too funny

I agree Casey but I did t want to play the victim or be a drama queen. I put faith in the hands of hr that they were competent with these types of matters. I didn't feel it was neccessary to stay on them. 20/20 now

I have applied internally and hope a transfer is in my near future. I plan on staying the course for now. I have kids to take care of. If yall see anything outhere let me know. I'm in Gilbert work in mesa currently.

• Like 1

Ask for timelines and important information to be given to you in email form, and forward those to your home email. If you have documentation and another incident occurs, you have things covered. I like the idea of shopping your skills around your industry. Always remember that the sole purpose for HR is to keep management out of trouble. They may sound like they are helping the average Joe, but they have orders from above.

• Like 2

Again good luck!

Always remember HR has one job and that is to protect the company. They are not there for the employees as advertised, they are there to mitigate risk and protect resources if that happens to work out for the employees then everyone is happy.

• Like 1