WampusCat

KS Archery Success

Great buck and for a minute I thought you were writing the intro to my vacation that is ending on Friday,lots of visiting,no scouting and running and gunning..looks like it paid off..Congrats- Nate

Great buck and for a minute I thought you were writing the intro to my vacation that is ending on Friday,lots of visiting,no scouting and running and gunning..looks like it paid off..Congrats- Nate

Normally I pull into town on a mission and hit the woods hard with my family and friends playing second fiddle. This time I tried to do better but the timber pulls so hard. Harvesting this deer mid trip allowed me to actually relax with my family for the last half. I was truly grateful for the time I got to watch my son interact with my wife and I's parents. Definitely put things in perspective for me, even if it was a bit late.

I had hoped for a morning kill so I could drag my father and my son to the woods for some photos but ended up sealing the deal near last light with a recovery in the dark. Momma had put the boy to sleep and said he couldn't come out and play. Best I could do was a picture with a cleaned up skull the next day. He lives to "look at deer pitchers" with me and was pretty pumped to hold some antlers.

post-11266-0-00948200-1447871582.jpg

• Like 3

Normally I pull into town on a mission and hit the woods hard with my family and friends playing second fiddle. This time I tried to do better but the timber pulls so hard. Harvesting this deer mid trip allowed me to actually relax with my family for the last half. I was truly grateful for the time I got to watch my son interact with my wife and I's parents. Definitely put things in perspective for me, even if it was a bit late.

I had hoped for a morning kill so I could drag my father and my son to the woods for some photos but ended up sealing the deal near last light with a recovery in the dark. Momma had put the boy to sleep and said he couldn't come out and play. Best I could do was a picture with a cleaned up skull the next day. He lives to "look at deer pitchers" with me and was pretty pumped to hold some antlers.

attachicon.gifKSskull.JPG

Good stuff right there amigo. He'll be out there with you soon enough, the best times of yours & his lives are right in front of you, trust me I know!

I've got a 14 year old that won't let me out of her sight during deer season now & I'm glad for it. This year I've vowed to leave my bow in the car until she gets one, or at least for December. In January we'll split up & hunt ambushes so I can take it then. My 2 y.o. daughter & I have a thing where every time we go up & down the stairs we count "Daddy's deer" on the wall... "one... two... three!" Hopefully I'll put a nice one down this January & then she can count four of them. ;)

• Like 1

Great buck Matt! Glad you got it soon enough to relax with family before heading back over there. Forgot to Thank you for your service on Veterans Day.

God Bless you and your family!

• Like 1

Great buck,pictures,and story.I especially enjoyed the picture of your son,and the horns.That shot is destined to be a classic!!!!I have been going back to the Midwest the last 12 years, since I retired.I just got home from Iowa,and Missouri last Monday evening.Great stuff!!!

• Like 1