Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

Leupold turret question/ advice

I am sending a 4.5x14 Leupold vxL in to have a turret added..... My choices are the CDs or the m1 turret. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each

Thanks

Whitey

I like the M1 because it is not load specific just simple moa adjustments. The cds turret works with one load at one elevation and temperature. If you change bullet weights or types, or powder for any reason your cds turret is essentially useless because your ballistics are different than what the turret was designed for.

• Like 2

Yes.

I prefer the M1 but you can use the cds dial exactly like the M1 too.

Many people don't realize that.

It's just lower profile.

Or load up a certain bullet certain velocity certain certain blah blah blah and get the custom cds dial.

For the record I like cds dials too.

I had my Vari X 3 2.5x8 retrofit with a CDS MOA zerostop dial 3 years ago and have been happy with it. It has the zero stop which I like. It's in MOA so I can customize my come ups to the individual load and atmospherics and it has a low profile compared to the M1s . The only downside I see is I only get one revolution of the dial (12 MOA) but that can take me to 700+ yards with any of my loads and that's plenty far for a 7.5 pound hunting rig. I have about 1500 rounds downrange with that scope and have not had any issues.