Red Rabbit

FALL 2007-JAN 2008 COUES BUCK CONTEST

Doug and Amanda,

Thankyou for your efforts in putting this all together, it is exciting to see all of the quality animals from this year, not too mention the great stories & info found throughout the website.

As with many others, we are all looking forward to another year of success...

Thanks again

Mike

That was fun! What a bunch of awesome bucks! Thanks to all!

Thanks Doug and Amanda! See you at the show.

Lance

Amanda and Doug,

Thank you two for all of the effort put into the contest, also thanks to all of the people who pony'd up and donated some great prizes for this year's contest! Congrats to all of the winners, what an impressive bunch of bucks this year!

Kudos to Doug and Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) We appreciate all the hard work and time put into something like this.

Maybe this year we as members can get something for you guys for all the time you put into this.

thanks again

Thanks Doug for devoting all that time into yet another contest, you did a fantastic job! Thanks also to Amanda for all you do and for creating and maintaining this awesome website! ;) Congrats to all the winners! JIM>

Congrats to all the winners! And thanks to Doug & Amanda!

Doug, I thought that my pic might have a chance of bribing you in the best photo category.... with Sheila in the picture!!! :rolleyes: I'll try harder next year!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Thanks again.

G

Congrats to the winners. It has been fun being involved in this year's contest. Thank-you Amanda and Doug! This is a great site, and a great bunch of people.

Doug and Amanda thanks for a great contest. Congrats to all the winners and some great deer.

As this past year's contest winds down and prizes are sent to the fortunate winners, it may be time to reflect on the contest. I see that the overall picture quality has improved. I see more people registered each year, and more prizes and better are being donated. Every youth that entered a coues in the contest has received an award each of the three years for the contest. I would like to see more of our kids entered.

In my mind, the hunt should not rest a large part on the score even though most of us probably like and target big bucks, myself included. But it is the overall hunt experience that matters most after the close of the season. Personally, I hunted about the whole season in a quest for a large coues. I received contact from many of you and hunted together with a few. In the end, I wounded a nice buck and did not recover it. But I must say that this season has been one of my favorites, due to the overall hunting experience.

In these regards, I am thinking of how we can improve the contest so it is the hunt that is measured and rewarded and not just the number of inches of calcium. Perhaps we can have new categories for the best hunt story, the best photo essay of the hunt, best camp photo, prettiest buck, more places for smallest buck and less for biggest, awards for first coues (not you Casey ;) ) , best spot and stalk archery, best venison dinner plate. We can do polls to judge many of these categories.

What are yall's thoughts and suggestions?

Doug~RR

I'm down for the best story part, it would make people write up better stories and include more pictures, maybe ya oughta set up a poll and the top 3 categorys or so shall be on the next year's contest?

Maybe next year the contest will be big enough like those major hunting magazines and give away some swaros, lieca and zeiss???

I like the photo essay, idea...... There are some people on here that put together amazing photo-recaps of thier hunts it would be tons of fun!

Nice Doug, way to make the contest so you can win something! Its kinda like how the smallest buck idea came to play AFER I killed the worlds smallest spike! :D

I like all the ideas, any way to get more people involved, and give away prizes.

( I hope I dont get flamed for this)

On the other hand, I think there should be some sort of minimum post rule... Lots of people join the site to throw their hat into the fire and try to win something free, but dont make a single post here.

By all means, we need as many people to join as possible, it just seems we have a ton of people who join SOLELY for the purpose of trying to win something, who dont add anything to the site... Does any one at all agree with me?

My family and I wish to extend our thanks to everyone involed with this contest. My dad is very pleased for winning such a nice knife. Special thanks to Doug and Amanda. Good luck and safe hunting.